Chapter 24

Shawn and I ended up talking for the past 5 hours. It was already 12:56 and we were starting to get tried. We talked about our relationships, what we did within the time of not seeing one another and of course the song we had to prepare for the fundraiser.

"So we agree with the individual lines and merging it when we do the chorus and in the end, right?" He asked writing in his journal. I nodded.
"Ok, so I think I have something when we put together the lyrics we came up with, I have a melody for it so I'll sing my lines first and you follow with the beat in the same tone ok? Then I'll hold your hand like this," he said interlocking our fingers, "I'll squeeze when it's your turn alone and just straighten my fingers when it's both of us, alright?" He runs it over, I nod again.

"Don't cry, or do whatever makes you feel comfortable
I'm tired, too
There's nothin' left to say, let's call a truce
'Cause I don't really wanna go to bed like this,

I'm so sorry
We're still stuck in the middle
I'm so sorry
'Cause in the moment I" He sings in a low and soft voice before straightening his fingers.

"I don't know what it's like to be you
I don't know what it's like but I'm dying to
If I could put myself in your shoes
Then I know what it's like to be you," He then goes squeezes my hand in his own.

"Can I kiss you or not?
'Cause I'm not really sure right now of what you want
Are you still mad at me? I'm hopin' not
'Cause maybe we could go to the movies
I know that always cheers us up, hey," He straightens his fingers.

"I'm so sorry
Though we're still stuck in the middle
Yeah, I'm so sorry
'Cause in the moment I," He sang quieter than me, letting my voice power over his. I smiled at him and shook my head. He smiled back as we sang and I felt him pulling me towards him by my hand. And I felt myself leaning in closer.

"I don't know what it's like to be you
I don't know what it's like but I'm dying to
If I could put myself in your shoes
Then I know what it's like to be you," We sang in unison. As we sang to each other mine and Shawn's foreheads connected. Our voices die down and we were just looking into one another's eyes. I felt myself slightly breathing heavily. Shawn lifted his free hand and slid it onto my cheek. He then tilted his head and leaned in connecting our lips. He closed his eyes and I did too. I removed my hand from his and put both my hands on either side of his waist. He moved his now free hand to my other cheek.

Wanting to feed my curiosity, I raise a hand and place it gently on his jawline. I slightly gasp at the feeling of it. He must have noticed because I felt his lips curl into a smile on my own, ending our kiss. Embarrassed, I felt my cheeks burning and I quickly pulled my face away from his looking away.

"S-Sorry..." I apologized. Shawn grabbed my hands and pulled them up. I looked over at him to see him plant a small kiss on the back of one.
"Don't be." He said with a small smile.
"I-I should honestly get back to my dorm," I said quietly.
"Ok." He said just as quiet as me, but he was smiling, looking so happy. It just made my face feel like it was on fire.

It only took me and Shawn around 15 - 30 minutes to get back to my dorm. The walk back was quiet but content. He walked me to the door and I turned to him slightly disappointed our time had to end.

"You sure you don't want to spend the night at my place? I don't mind you can have the bed I'll take the couch." He asked quietly since it was now around 1 in the morning and almost everyone was asleep.
"I'm ok." I shook my head.
"Hey, let me know if Lisa tries anything again alright? I can handle her, I don't want her to go after you again." He sighed. I just nodded.
"I will, but I'm sure I'll be ok," I said.
"You still scared?" He asks.
"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't." I giggled.
"C'mon." He says reaching over me and opening the door. He puts his hand on my lower back leading me in the room. We quietly walk in and see Lisa sleeping under her covers. I looked over to my bed and it seemed fine, no traps, no vandalism.

"I expected my stuff to be ruined." I giggled quietly
"I wouldn't be surprised if it was." He sighed.
"Thank you for being here with me." I smiled up at him, not sure if he can see me only in the moonlight.
"No problem. Now get to bed before we wake her up." He said nodding his head towards Lisa. I just nodded and turned back to walk to my bed. But before I could I felt Shawn's hands on my arms pull me back. He quickly spun me around and pulled me close for a quick peck on the forehead. I felt myself blush and was grateful for the dark at this time.

"Goodnight, Cecilia." He whispered.
"Goodnight, Shawn," I whispered back before turning around and heading for my bed. I watched as Shawn walked out, closing the door behind him.