Chapter 46

Shawn and I practiced almost the entire hour we were given, and even halfway through Harry's performance. I was so excited while Shawn looked nervous. We were both given earpieces and a mic, while Shawn had his baby blue guitar with him on his back. He was pacing around looking scared.

"Shawn, we're going to do great." I tried calming him.
"What if something happens, Ce?"
"Nothing will!" I laughed as I reached up putting a hand on his shoulder, stopping him from pacing.
"Shawn, can I tell you something?" I ask.
"Please get me distracted from this freakout." He practically begs. I just giggle and shake my head before moving both my hands to his cheeks and pulling him in for a kiss. I closed my eyes as soon as I felt his soft plump lips on mine. Butterflies in my stomach were released and I felt tingly in my head.

After a few seconds, I pulled away to see Shawn's face was in complete shock.
"I love you too," I admitted releasing his face from my grasp. After I did there was a cheer from the crowd indicating Harry must have finished his performance. I was about to walk up the steps to wait our turn when I felt Shawn wrap his arm around my waist pulling me close to his body and leaning down kissing me passionately. He leaned in further making me lean back, I had to wrap my arms around the back of his neck to keep myself from feeling like I was going to fall.

"Shawn Mendes and Cecilia Marling." A stagehand called for us. We just pulled away from the kiss but kept the distance and position we were in between us. I giggled before just pulling him in for a tight hug. He hugged me back just as tight before pulling away and taking my hand in his own.

As we walked up the steps we saw Harry walking towards us but at the moment I think Shawn and I were just too lovestruck to care. As soon as he was offstage, Shawn and I went on stage, still hand and hand as we walked to the center. I looked in the crowd to see Maria cheering and yelling with everyone else. I smiled at her before looking up at Shawn who had to remove his hand to put his mic on the stand and get ready with his guitar.

He looked down and started strumming, making the audience go quiet, to listen to the song.

"Don't cry, or do whatever makes you feel comfortable
I'm tired, too
There's nothin' left to say, let's call a truce
'Cause I don't really wanna go to bed like this,

I'm so sorry
We're still stuck in the middle
I'm so sorry
'Cause in
the moment I" He sings in a low and soft voice before looking to me and I raised my mic to my mouth.

"I don't know what it's like to be you
I don't know what it's like but I'm dying to
If I could put myself in your shoes
Then I know what it's like to be you," We sing together, him purposely being quieter so my voice would power over his.

"Can I kiss you or not?
'Cause I'm not really sure right now of what you want
Are you still mad at me? I'm hopin' not
'Cause maybe we could go to the movies
I know that always cheers us up, hey," I sang alone, never taking my eyes off Shawn, him doing the same to me.

"I'm so sorry
Though we're still stuck in the middle
Yeah, I'm so sorry
'Cause in the moment I,

I don't know what it's like to be you
I don't know what it's like but I'm dying to
If I could put myself in your shoes
Then I know what it's like to be you

Tell me what's inside of your head
No matter what you say I won't love you less
And I'd be lying if I said that I do

I don't know what it's like to be you
I don't know what it's like to be you." We sang together in perfect harmony before Shawn does his guitar solo. As he does I look out into the crowd who were cheering and clapping already. I smiled looking out at them before looking back at Shawn.

"I get worried
I might lose you a little
Every time we
Every time we argue and get caught up in the moment

I don't know what it's like to be you
I don't know what it's like but I'm dying to
If I could put myself in your shoes
Then I know what it's like to be you

So tell me what's inside of your head
No matter what you say I won't love you less
And I'd be lying if I said that I do

I don't know what it's like to be you
I don't know what it's like," We finished the song looking out to the crowd who went off in a massive uproar. Shawn moved his guitar to his back and grabbed my hand looking over at me smiling. I smiled back before we both took a bow. When we stood back up, Shawn pulled me close to him much like he did backstage and leaned in kissing me again. I laughed against his lips for a moment before kissing him in return. The crowd went crazy and I even heard some people going, "ooooh."

Standing here in this moment I knew I couldn't be any happier...

---

The End...

For now.