Mark

{So there were three drafts made of this chapter. A happy one, a neutral one and then this one. I had about six ideas continuing on from the last part.

Two of these ideas would mean an instantaneous ending which it seems everyone hates. The happy one would've been an instant end I'm afraid so I cut it out and deleted it. The neutral one was kinda a halfway cut of the happy one but I decided to delete it completely because I prefer this part instead.

Whatever happens in this part.

Don't hurt me.

For all you know it could be good?

Maybe I'm just trying to scare or rile you up?

I guess you'll have to read to find out.

OoOoOooOoooooOoo mysteeeeeeerious...}

____________

~Mark~

I drummed my fingers on my knee as Jack harshly tossed the small velvet box at me, venom sharply piercing from his stare into my own. "Keep it or throw it away, I really don't give a fuck", he scoffed and left the room.

I bit my lip and looked down at it with discomfort. Who knew such a small thing could cause such a rift between us?

I slapped my palm to my forehead. It wasn't the box doing this, it was me. I had time to think to myself, opening my seeing balls to realize how badly I was handling the situation.

I gave out a breath before lowering my hands to the box, opening it delicately. It was somewhat similar to my ring except his had a gold line running all along the middle which mine was fully silver with engravings.

I pouted my lips to gush silently over the beauty of the small jewelry piece. Of course I took it out from it's nestled position and slipped it onto my ring finger with a timid smile.

"Ready?" I heard his voice huff and my eyes lifted to look into his pissed off gaze. "Not really", I mumbled before climbing to my feet and approaching him.

"It's not like I'm making you leave, it was your fucking choice", Sean was still very clearly upset with me, upset enough that he couldn't look at me with anything but a harsh glare.

He wouldn't let me touch him and he wouldn't talk to me unless it were for questioning or commanding. Honestly, I didn't blame him but he really was a stuck up person much like myself.

Two stubborn people shouldn't be together.

That's what a lot of people tell me.

I lean closer to give him a kiss on the cheek but he stepped back and headed towards the door. I chuckled at his actions before collecting my bags and following after him, my eyes still gazing upon the band on my fourth finger.

_________

"What if I forget something?" I asked him as we arrived to the airport, his stare shooting to me in boredom.

"I guess you'll have to come back here to get it?"

"What if that something is you?" I stepped up to him but he cleared his throat and stepped back, maintaining distance.

"So you'd forget me?"

"Don't twist my words you asshole", Sean's brows quirked upwards. "How could I ever?"

I rolled my eyes and stepped up to him again, this time however he did not step back. I gently rose my hand and pinched his chin between my thumb and index finger before leaning in to lightly close the gap between our lips.