Chapter 26

I sighed as I sat back at my desk, waiting for Danny's text saying that he was at my work to pick me up for our first appointment.

By working some extra time, I was able to get a half a day so he and I could go to the doctors after his practice.

Danny has known for about four days, and surprisingly hasn't told anyone yet, not even Jules. We decided that if it was true, that we really were going to be expecting, then we'd have our double date and tell both Jules and Victoria at once.

My phone vibrated.

Danny 11:43

Here <3 Parked up front

I picked my backpack up and walked out of the office. When I got to the parking lot, he was indeed parked right up front.

I slid into the passenger seat, and he smiled brightly at me. "Hey, Babe," he greeted me with a kiss.

"Hi, Danny," I mumbled and sucked in a breath. "Are you nervous too?"

He shrugged. "I mean... Yes and no... I-I... Okay this probably will sound nuts to you. But, I like know you're pregnant. There have been little changes to your body... Beautiful changes actually," he said as he pulled out of the parking lot.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him with questioning eyes. "Do you care to explain?"

He turned to glance at me, a smile on his face. "Well you've got a little bump, it's not very noticable... It kinda just looks like you've eaten a huge meal... But then there's your hips... There's a little more to hang on to, and I'm definitely not going to complain about that... And lastly, you're a lot more needy, which I definitely appreciate because I love cuddling with you."

I blushed and looked out the window. "You really can tell all those things? I haven't even noticed that stuff with my own body," I pointed out quietly.

"Well you don't get the pleasure of having sex with you almost every other day," he said, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I turned to look at him with an eyebrow raised. "No, but I do get the pleasure of having sex with you almost every other day," I pointed out.

A smile took over his face. "Oh yeah! That's right! You get the better side of the deal."

I rolled my eyes and whacked him in the arm. "You're ridiculous, Danny."

***

Forty five minutes later I was sitting on the examination table as I kicked my feet back and forth, while Danny held my hand.

"No need to freak out, Jess. It'll be fine," he said as he looked up at me, brown eyes full of worry.

I chose to ignore it and look away from him, so I could watch the door. As if in cue, there was a knock.

"Come in," Danny said as he gripped my hand a little tighter.

The door was opened and a female doctor came strolling in with a clipboard. "Hello, I'm Dr. Sarah Marshall, you must be Jess and Danny." The doctors blonde hair was short, and her grey eyes looked from Danny and then to me.

I nodded. "Yep, that's us."

"Now, you believe that you're pregnant, correct," she asked as she moved in further and sat down in a dolly chair.

I nodded as my grip on Danny's hand became a death grip. "Have you taken any home pregnancy tests?"

I shook my head. "I actually never thought of doing that," I admitted.