-Best Friends-

-:-:-:-

Waiting for Superman- Daughtry

The Monster- Eminem feat. Rihanna

-:-:-:-

I groaned as I rose up. The door opened. "That was good timing. Morning babe." "Morning Li." I said with a smile. He came in and sat on the side of my bed. "Sleep well?" "Yeah. You?" "Same." I smiled and wrapped an arm around his waist, my head on his shoulder. "Liam?" "Hmm?" "Would you want to come camping with me this weekend?" I asked with puppy dog eyes. "Kels, I can't." "Please??" "I want to but I can't. I've got work." I grumbled but nodded. "Some of my friends are actually camping right now. I think they are anyway." I nodded. He pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I'll be downstairs Kelsey." "Okay." I smiled small. Me and Liam have been friends for four years now. When I met him, I was barely living. I had no parents, no money, no job, nothing. He offered to let me stay with him for the night and we hit it off. We've been friends ever since. After a while, he just let me live with him. I do have a job now but I took off this week to go camping. Everybody needs a break every once in a while right?

I got dressed quickly and walked downstairs to see him at the griddle wearing his favorite sweatpants and tank top. "I'll finish these up Li. Go get dressed for work." "You sure? I'll be alright." "It's fine. Go get dressed." He smiled. "Thanks Kelsey." "Welcome." It's not like he had to get dressed up in a suit for work but I thought it'd be a kind gesture. I put the pancakes on a plate for him and fixed them just how he liked them, putting them on the table. He soon came back down I'm a beanie, Under Armour t-shirt, sweatpants and tennis shoes.

"Is it bad that I'm having pancakes when I'm a fitness trainer?" He asked with a laugh. "Your clients don't have to know." I winked. He smiled as he took another bite. "Thanks Kelsey." "No problem. I'm gonna take a shower so if I'm not out by the time you leave, love you." "Love you too." I kissed the top of his head and went upstairs for my shower.

As I dried off, I realized I should probably pack. Me and Liam usually go every month in the summer but he's been busy lately, gaining clients left and right. I sighed and flopped on the bed. This is boring. I called Liam. "Hey Kels. Is something wrong?" "No...Are you at work yet?" "No babe, I'm going down the road right now. What's up?" "I'm bored." He laughed. "Then watch a movie." He suggested, probably shrugging. "All you have is Batman and Toy Story." I said with a groan. "I need to go shopping for you some movies." I said laughing. "They're good movies!" "Yeah to a man who 'is' Batman yet is still a child at heart even though they can punch through brick." "I am Batman. And no I cannot punch through brick." "It wouldn't shock me. Now what am I gonna do?" "Go on Netflix. Watch Criminal Minds." "Fine...Love you." "Love you too babe." He said laughing loud as he hung up. He drives me crazy sometimes but I love him like he's my real brother 99% of the time.

I pulled up a episode of Criminal Minds, not even paying attention. Morgan looked hot though so I kept it up. I grabbed a blanket from the closet and wrapped it around me. There was a knock on the door. Shit. "Please don't be a murderer." I mumbled as I walked up to the door. I opened it and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw my neighbor. "Hey the mailman gave me your mail so..." "Oh, thanks Jake." He smiled. "It's no problem Kelsey. I like your hair by the way." "Thanks. I'll see you around!" "See ya Kelsey!" I shut the door and looked in the mirror that hung close by. "Was he being sarcastic or serious?" I wondered out loud, fixing my hair a little bit. I shrugged and sat on the couch again, changing episodes, finding one that was about a rapist. As it showed him killing two parents, trying to get to their daughter upstairs, I broke down crying. I shut it off.

"Kelsey what's wrong?" "I-I..." I couldn't finish so I wrapped my arms around his neck, crying still. "Why are you back so early?" "Lunch break babe." "Is it really 12 already?" He nodded. "So what happened?" "I...remembered it again." "What triggered it?" I turned the TV back on. "Oh babe I'm so sorry. I didn't even think about that." "It's okay...I just don't wanna remember him again." "I know and I'll do whatever I can to get you better and forget him alright?" I nodded, glad Liam is here with me when I needed him most, just like he always is.