-Brave-

-:-:-:-

A Thousand Years- Christina Perri

-:-:-:-

"Kelsey?"

Zayn speaks, leaning forward in his chair. He hasn't left since he returned from me making him leave. It's extremely suffocating. I just don't have the heart to tell him to leave again.

"What?" I ask, sighing. "Define love." "Why?" "Just give me your definition of love." "It's...staying with someone even when you know their flaws and everything bad. You still like em and want to spend your time with them and you wouldn't have it any other way. You find them attractive, fun to be around, and amazing in their own way. They're your best friend and no matter what, you always find a way back to each other..."

I trail off, staring down at my lap. "That's what I feel for you." He says, placing his hand near my own. "I do love you...I didn't mean that...I'm still mad though." He simply nods.

"Kels?" "Hmm?" "How'd you wreck?"

"I ran off the road."

"No, what caused it? Like was there something in the road or...?"

"Suicide." I say bluntly.

"What?!" He asks, leaping to his feet. "You...You wanted to die?" "Not necessarily die, I just wanted to get away from the pain." I mumble, not looking at him. "Because of me?"

I don't answer him. "How my god I made you attempt suicide...Oh my god I-" "No, no, no, no, no! It wasn't just you okay? I was suffering with depression and...I don't know. It was the cherry on top that made me want to end it. The reason I hadn't committed suicide before was you. You gave me hope and I felt like we needed each other to keep the other sane. So, when we broke up...I lost it." He stands up, and moves closer to the side of my bed. His lips are on mine in seconds.

I pull away.

"Zayn...We...You cheated on me. That hurt me so badly. You don't understand. What if I kissed some other guy? What would you think?"

"I-I didn't want to kiss her. She held my arms down." "You could've pushed her off!" "Sweetheart I swear, it happened before I had a chance to react. I didn't mean for it to happen. Why would I kiss another girl when I have a beautiful girl of my own? A girl that makes me complete and someday I hope to marry. Now tell me, why would I want that to happen? I didn't want it to happen babe."

I look up into his eyes. He was telling the truth. I just knew it. I tug on his hand and he got the message, leaning down to kiss me. I pull his neck closer to me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I heard a cough and I looked up to see the doctor. "I've got your medicine." He grabs my arm and holds it out. He presses the needle into my arm and I wince. "Go easy on her." Zayn snaps. "I'm fine Dumbass." "I'll be back later to check on you." The doctor says, leaving my room. Zayn's phone rings and he apologises before going into the hallway.

I lift the gown a little and look at my rib area. It was wrapped up in a thick bandage.

Zayn walks in. "Does it hurt?" "Yeah. A little...Who was it?" "Liam. He's coming up." I nod. "On a scale of one to ten, how bad do you hurt?" "15." "Do you want me to get a doctor? Preferably a different one?" "No. I'll be fine. The medicine needs to set in." He nods and sits on the side of my bed. "On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love me?" "15." I say with a smile.

His eyes light up.

The door opened with a knock. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah c'mon Li." He comes into view with a smile.

"Hey babe." "Hey LiLi." He walks over and presses a kiss to my forehead. "How are you feeling?" "Like absolute shit." "Why? What's hurting?" "My ribs. It's whenever I move." "That sucks. Have they given you any medicine?" "Yeah. Just did. It hasn't settled in yet though." He nods.

"How is-" He asks, looking between me and Zayn. "Er, good." "Really? So the cheating bastard explained himself?" "What the fu-" "I'm kidding. Clam down." Zayn stays tense, and grabs my hand.

Liam leans down and presses a kiss to my cheek.

"I'm sorry babe, but I have an appointment in like ten minutes. I just wanted to see you before." I smile. "Thanks for coming by." "Of course. I'll come back later okay?" I smile and nod. "Bye Kelsey. Bye Zayn." "Bye!" I scooted over a little and patted the space beside me. "Will you cuddle with me?" "Gladly." Zayn says, smiling and sitting beside me. His arm goes around me, being careful. "I love you." I lay my head on his shoulder. "I love you too." I mumble, kissing his shoulder. "I never thought I'd see you again...I didn't even know. I don't think they were going to tell me...Niall slipped up and mentioned you and...I was so scared for you baby." "I'm sorry." "Are you blaming yourself??" I shrug. "Baby please don't...Please don't do that. It was my fault. I deserved it. You didn't do anything." I cuddle closer to him, placing a kiss on his collar.

"This is boring as hell." I groan. "Yeah a little." He says laughing. "Then go home. I don't understand." "I can't leave you. I don't want you to be by yourself. You're my girl." I smile. "I'll always be your girl." "I hope so." I smile. "You won't marry me yet will you?" I laugh a little. "No babe." "Dammit I knew it!" He exclaimed laughing.

"Maybe someday though Z."

He chuckled, burying his face in my neck and kissing all over. "Kels?" "Hmm?" "When you and Liam were dating, did you ever think you'd marry him?" "No. I never really thought about it. I mean, I loved him but, I knew we wouldn't get married. Ya know? I don't know. Besides I don't think I would've been able to stay in a committed relationship that long at that time. It was when...ya know." He nods. "You're so brave."

"Yeah right."

"No, you are."

"I'm not brave. I just didn't kill myself yet. Which I wanted to do but didn't because Liam came along and I didn't want him to be the one to find me."

"Yes you are brave. You're brave for going camping alone, despite your past. You're brave for trusting a guy like me. You're brave for not giving up. You, my darling, are incredibly brave."

I don't know what to say so I just say 'Thank you.'