-Broken-

-:-:-:-

Jar of Hearts- Christina Perri

-:-:-:-

The door slammed shut and I looked up to see Zayn. I stood, walking up to him. "I'm so sorry about what he said. He was be-" "Shut up!!" I stepped backwards. "Zayn I just-" "What did I just say?! Shut up why don't you!" He slapped me in the face, sending me backwards. He grabbed my arm. "What the fuck is this?!" "I-I cut." "What the hell?! You're such a fucking mess!!" I backed against the wall. "Leave me a-alone! P-Please! You're drunk! Just...Leave!" "You don't tell me what to do!! I hate you!!" My heart shattered. "Then why are you here?!" I screamed. "I...I don't know anymore." "Then get out!!" He slapped me again, my cheek surely turning red. The door slamming rumbled the walls, causing pictures of me and Liam to fall to the ground.

I loved him!! I trusted him!! And he admits he hates me!! He didn't even care about what he did. He left me broken. And somehow, I still feel like I'm to blame.

-:-

An hour later, I'm still lying on the floor, curled in a ball, sobbing. A hand touched my shoulder, making me cry out. "Babe? What's wrong?" "L-Liam?" "Yeah it's me. Come here." I climbed into his lap, crying. "What happened?" "Z-Zayn...was drunk." "Oh god. What'd he do babe?" "Hit me...H-He said he hated me." "Kels you know that's not true. He loves you. He was just drunk." "N-No...You don't understand...the way he said it...he said I was a mess because I cut..." "You cut? Kels...no...Why?" "Ryder." I sniffed, tightening my grip on him. "You're okay...I'll take care of you okay? You're my best friend." "Can I...Can I sleep with you tonight?" "Of course babe. Let's go on okay? I'll see what's up with him tomorrow." I nodded. He stood up, carrying me in his arms, to go up the stairs. "Do you want to change?" I shook my head.

As I hit the bed, I immediately became cold, wrapping the blanket around me. When he got under the blanket, I cuddle close to his chest, just like old times, falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

*

I woke up to a loud bang. "What's going on in here?!" I got closer to Liam, getting as far away from the monster before me that I could. "Get out!!" "No!! What's going on between you two?!" "Nothing! God!" Liam shouted, pulling me into his lap. "You have no place here after what you did to her!!" "What did I do?" "You don't know?!" "No!" He looked down at my arm, his eyes going wide. "Did I-Did I cause that?" "No...You hit her, called her a mess when you saw her cuts. You said you hated her!!" "W-What?! No!! I don't hat-" "Go Zayn. I don't want to see you!" "I didn't mean tha-" "Go!!" "Bitch..." He muttered, slamming the door shut and running down the stairs. I threw a pillow at the door, sobbing. "Babe, calm down. It's okay. I promise I'll make it okay." "I love him, and he hates me..." "I'm sorry..." "It's not your fault he's an asshole." I mumble, wiping my eyes. "Don't cry. Please. He doesn't deserve your tears. He doesn't deserve anything from you okay?" I nodded, slightly, then shook my head. "No. I deserve to cry. I caused this." "Babe, how could you have caused this? It's his fault he got drunk." "If I would've made him stay instead of letting him storm out and go to the bar..." "No, sweetheart, it's not your fault." I sniffed, looking up at him. I remembered 'us.' How we used to be. "Liam?" "Hmm?" "I want to make him jealous." "How babe?" "Get a fake boyfriend?" "Hmm...That's actually a really good idea. Who were you thinking?" "You?" I asked, hopeful. "Alright." "Really? You'll do it?" "Sure. Anything to get back at him." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Thank you!!" "Anything for my best friend." I smiled wider, staying in his lap. "We just have to make sure Grace doesn't find out. Or you could tell her now?" "I'll call her and tell her." "Okay."

"Grace? Hey babe...Yeah I was just calling to tell you something...Well, you know Kelsey? Well, her and her boyfriend got in a huge fight and she wants to make him jealous so-...Yeah exactly. So is that alright?...Thanks babe! Bye!" I raised an eyebrow. "It's all good." I smiled, and kissed him. As I pulled away, our faces were bright red. "We haven't done that in...forever." I laughed a little. "I know!" He smiled and pressed his lips against mine again. "I'm so glad we're 'dating.'" I smirked. "Me too. It'll show him."