-Jase-

-:-:-:-

Fireproof- One Direction

-:-:-:-

I walk down the steps, examining the pictures on the walls. I heard voices so I continued down the hall and then the steps. Zayn and Liam sat on the couch, talking. Liam looks up and gives me a look of...pity. "What's going on?" Zayn looked equally confused. "I have to tell you two something. I think it's best I tell Kelsey first, separately." I furrow my eyebrows as he stands and guides me into the dining room. "The hospital called me yesterday after you fell asleep. Do you remember the last time you had sex?" "It was...when me and Zayn were in Australia. Why?" "They said you were pregnant when you crashed. The baby died when it happened." "W-What?"

Tears fell from my eyes. I was pregnant! Now my baby is gone...

I run into the family room and collapse in Zayn's arms. "Why are you crying? What the fuck did you say Payne?!"

"I-It's not his fault." "What is she talking about?"

I look up, my hand on his jaw. "Remember that night in Australia?" "Which one?" "The best one."

"Oh...Yeah. What about it?"

"I was pregnant when I got in the car accident. The baby d-died Z." He pulls me into his chest, comforting me. "It'll be okay sweetheart." "I lost my baby Zayn! Our baby." "I know babe. I know. I'm upset too. I understand. I'm just in a little bit of shock." I cry into his chest as his hand rubs up and down my back.

"You know what?" "Hmm?" "We can just have another." I laugh a little. "Thank you but I think I'm good for a while. Maybe later." I mumble into his neck. "Yeah after we're married?" "Soon enough babe." He presses a kiss to my forehead. "How soon?" "Shut up." He laughs a little before we sit in silence for a while. He starts to rub my shoulders and back, soothing me. "Zayn?" "Yeah?" "Thank you. You completely took my mind off of it." "You're welcome sweetheart." Liam sat beside me and placed an arm around my back. "How are you feeling?" "I've been better." "Do you wanna go out? All of us? Maybe invite the boys?" I looked up at Zayn, hopeful. "Are you wanting to?" I nod.

"Alright. I'll go too." I smile. "I'll go call them. What do you want to see?"

"Er...Either The Maze Runner or If I Stay."

"Maze Runner!" They both exclaim. I laugh and get up, going upstairs to change.

Footsteps follow me into the room and I turn to see Zayn standing there. "Hey babe." He doesn't respond, instead he walks over and wraps his arms around my waist, nuzzling his face into my neck. "I love you." He mumbles quietly. "I love you too." I say, grabbing a shirt out of my dresser. "Not as much as I love you." "Mhmm." "Nuhuh." He says, pulling me closer and pressing a kiss on my lips. "Zayn?" "Yeah?" "I think...Never mind." "What?" "Nothing." He nods.

"Now leave so I can change."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Zayn...Please go."

"Fine. I'll be outside your door."

"Creeper."

"But I'm your creeper."

"Yeah, yeah, now get out."

I change quickly and throw a beanie on and some vans. I open the door, grab Zayn's hand and walk down the hallway.

I came to my realization and cursed.

"Shit."

"What?"

"I don't have any pockets. Will you hold onto my phone for me?" "Yeah of course." "Thanks baby." He nods with a smile, slipping my phone into his pocket.

-:-:-

-Zayn's POV-

I watched in boredom as the boys and Kelsey reunited. I grab a phone out of my pocket and see its Kelsey's. Surely she won't mind if I play some games.

I unlock it to see a picture of the two of us as her background. I smirk a little as the screen comes up.

It was on her notes. Then I catch the word 'boyfriend.'

Is she talking about me?

I scan through. It says:

'Nobody will notice when I'm gone. If they do, it's because they realize their life is easier.

My best friend won't have to live with me anymore. It'll be quieter for him.

My cousin is a douche so he wouldn't care.

My boyfriend...He doesn't have to pretend to love me anymore. I love him though. I know he'll never love me and I'm okay with that. I have to accept it because that's the way it is.

So see? Nobody will miss me. So why is it so hard to pull the trigger?'

She thinks nobody will miss her? She doesn't think I love her? I run up to her as she's talking to Harry about God knows what. I wrap my arms around her tightly, crying a little. "I love you, okay? I love you so much. Please believe me."

"What are you talking about?"

"I grabbed a phone out of my pocket and it was yours so I was gonna play games but...I saw what you wrote. I do love you. I love you more than anything. And these guys? They love you too. They'll notice." She hugs me back finally, not letting me see her face.

"You weren't supposed to see that." This is all she says.

"I know."

"I'm serious though...You don't have to pretend to love me anymore. I already know."

"Kelsey why would I buy an engagement ring if I was pretending?" She was silent so I don't know if she actually heard. I assume she did. "Let's go guys..." She mumbles, grabbing my hand and walking towards the theater.

I stay quiet as she finds a spot for all of us.

I sit at the end (as usual) next to Kelsey. "You okay babe?" "Yeah. I'm okay."

I nod, lacing my fingers with hers.

"I'll be back. I'm going to the bathroom." I say as the previews start. She nods, kisses my cheek and lets go of my hand.

-Kelsey's POV-

"Is this seat taken?" "Er yeah, my boyfriend is just-" "Yeah sure." He says, sitting down.

His hand trails over and rests on my thigh.

"Stop."

He just moves his hand higher.

"Seriously, stop."

Harry looks at me confused.

"What's going on?"

"This guy beside me keeps touching me and Zayn left." I say, irritated. He nods shortly, and stands up so he can stand in front of the man.

"You need to leave her alone."

"Who are you? Her boyfriend?"

"No, I-"

"Then you have nothing to worry about."

"Well, she's my friend so you need-"

"But is she your girlfriend? No. She's not."

"You're right. She's mine." I hear a growl behind me and turn to see Zayn standing there. Zayn grabs him by his collar and pulls him up,

"Jase?!"

"Malik?!"