Chapter 35: Across the Ocean

"I know a shortcut to the water and a place we can stay at!" Ethan shouted over the sounds of rushing hooves racing down through the trees.

     "What is the-" (Y/n) started, but was cut off by the skidding to stop just at the side of a very steep rocky mountain.

     "Here it is lets go!" Ethan kicked the side of his horse as the horse started to go forward down the mountain side.

     "Are you crazy?!" She squealed holding onto his waist tighter. Ethan pulled on the reins leaning back a bit to help the weight of the horse as it went down the cliff.

     "Do you trust me or not (Y/n)?!" Ethan growled at the girl who was holding onto him.

     "I-I do it-" a loud gunshot cut her off making the two duck their heads,.

     "It's either die up there or go down and trust me!" Ethan kicked the horses sides making it go down the cliff faster.

     "Fine! I-I trust you! I trust you!" She screamed as he turned the reins to the side so the horse walked a little to the left the down the mountain a little more.

     "Let them go!" Marshall shouted causing the guys to stop shooting and look to their leader in confusion. "We will head down there later, let them have their fun just for a little while." G, Matt and Marshall turned their reins and rode back to Manzanita Post leaving Brian who just sat there watching his old friends go down the cliff side.

     "I'm sorry," Brian whispered looking down at his horses maine before turning away to trot along after the Marshall.

     "I think they stopped firin', Ethan!" (Y/n) exclaimed looking back to the top of the cliff where she watched Brian ride off. Why was he there? She was confused, her old friend was there with the people who were shooting at them? She shook off the thought thinking it was all just a part of her mind.

     "We are almost down, hold on tight," Ethan said to her as he wrapped the reins around his hands wincing slightly when the leather wrapped around his right hand. (Y/n) closed her eyes holding onto Ethan as tight as she could before she felt the horse come off the ground. Ethan had made the horse jump the rest of the way down. When she felt the horse come back to the surface and continue galloping along the outskirts of the cliff. She opened her eyes and let her grasp fall from his waist, she sat up on the horse to look around. She turned to her left to see rushing waters and a house. Ethan was heading towards it, she smiled brightly and watched the house got bigger and bigger into view. Ethan soon came to a halt not far from the home they were standing in front of.

     "We made it..." (Y/n) said with a smile as Ethan hopped off his horse and helped her down.

     "I told you I would get you here she gave him a bright smile and hugged him tightly.

     "I never thought we would make it out here," she replied with a smile as she let him go and looked up art him.

     "I know..." was all he could say before need so she could see the water, he wrapped his arm around her and looked at the waves crashing onto the beach.

     "It's finally over..." (Y/n) whispered to herself, but he could hear her and looked over in her direction.

     "I don't think it is, but I do know it is over for now just for now... We just need to be ready for when it starts back up again."