CH 3: First case

Nov 5th

10 AM

For the first time in two weeks, I managed to sleep three hours, it's not much, but it's enough for me. The weather is cold, I like the rain, the cold, the snow, it gives me a good reason to stay warm at home, I smile at this thought.

Anyway, even when I'm at home, I still work, my office is messy, reports of androids damaged, problem in their programs, deviant, deactivation of androids .... bahhhhh I do not care ! Today I would do nothing.

The last 3 months have been long, between work, my insomnia and my arm ... yeah ... my arm, the phantom pain.

It will be now 1 year that I lost my left arm, sometimes I have flash that comes to my mind, the car, the pain, people shouting saying to call an ambulance, and after. .. nothing.

I could not feel my left arm anymore, it had been completely crushed, the doctors could do nothing.

So they amputated my arm.

They told me it was the best thing to do. So, I decided to create a prosthesis to replace my arm, in two months, I got a new arm, but in terms of sensations, it's very different from my right arm, I do not feel the pain, the temperature ... nothing.

But it could have been worse.

*telephone ring*

-"Hello?"

-"Hello Miss Myers, it's the administration of cyberlife, we call you to inform you that the android RK800 and yourself would be assigned today to the case of homicide caused by deviants, monitored your tablet well to receive the cases that will be transmitted, you will also have an authorization, to be able to enter the crime scene, we have also sent your file and the RK800 to the Detroit police station. Do you have questions about this?"

- "Hmmm.... does that mean I do not have to go to the cyberlife tower anymore?"

-"Exactly."

-"Okay, thanks for your call then, bye !!" I violently put the phone on my desk.

I hoped that could have spent a quiet day, but knowing that the terminal of my tablet could sound at any time depressed me.

- "Shit day!"

I lie on the couch and watch TV, I must have looked like a larva, T-shirt, jogging pants, my hair not done * anyway they are short so no need to do much *, my dark circles under the eyes ..... yep, a larva.

In the evening

My tablet just reported me a homicide, at a certain Carlos Ortiz. Connor must be on his way right now, and I know he will not be alone, apparently we'll have to work with a certain Lieutenant Anderson. I get dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, boots, a scarf, and my leather jacket.

First case, here I am.

/PM 11:21/

-"But what are they doing?" I said angry.

-"They should be here! It's incredible!"

It's been 30 minutes that my ass getting cold, waiting for Connor and the Lieutenant to arrive.

I go to an investigator to ask him.

-"Excuse me, do you know if Lieutenant Anderson will arrive soon?