The Price of Loss

The crowd stood watching in total shock at what was happening inside of the courtyard.

Edward had been thrown across the courtyard and was separated from his lance.
Rick looked entirely different. His clothes were dark Black and the Iris’ on his eyes were as well.
‘What’s going on?’ Leon asked Kellam desperately.
‘This is impossible…’ Kellam seemed distant, it was as if he was in a trance.
‘Sir what’s going on?’ Leon repeated desperately.
‘He’s a Black Magic.’
‘What, is that bad?’ Leon asked.
‘Very.’ Erikson answered before Kellam could.
‘We should stop the fight.’ Kellam said.
‘Not yet, we need to see if he has control.’ Erikson said stopping Kellam.
‘Liam this might get too out of hand.’
‘We have to have faith in Rick, I believe he can control his power.’
‘Fine Liam.’ Kellam didn’t sound to happy. ‘But if either of them dies this will be on your hands.’

Rick’s injuries were healed and his clothes undamaged.
His expression was entirely different as well. He looked serious, he had an angry look on his face and his stare had an intensity that shook Edward to the bone.
‘No, not this again.’ Edward said shaking.
Rick didn’t make any response.
Edward started to glance around; he was trying to find his lance. It was about ten metres away with a side blade stuck into the ground and the middle only stuck in a little.
Rick knew what Edward was doing and yet he made no attempt to stop Edward from getting to the lance.
Quickly Edward ran to the lance. Anticipating an attack from Rick he dived with one hand extended to grab the lance. It began to shake and then flew out of the ground and spiralled over Edward. One of the blades cut his back.
Edward cried out in pain as he felt the fresh blood run slowly don his back.

‘Don’t be so weak.’ Rick said. His voice sounded nearly emotionless, the only emotions that could be heard were negative ones.
‘The wound was barely deep at all, you’re fine.’
Rick was right. The cut was nothing compared to what Edward had previously inflected on him.
Slowly Edward got back to his feet. He was confused at what had just happened but also intrigued.

‘How did you just do that?’ Edward questioned.
‘I’m not entirely sure. These new powers, these dark powers, this Black Magic. Is  powerful and I seem to know everything about it instinctively. I think this magic’s elemental power is the ability to control shadows. I willed that lance to move and its shadow did and the lance followed.’

Leon was surprised by this development. A power like that might make Rick more powerful than anyone.
‘Is that true sir?’ Leon asked Kellam.
‘Yes Leon, Black Magic’s have the ability to turn a shadow into a solid object and then use their magic as a form of telekinesis to move it, the original object essentially moves behind the shadow, making it the shadow instead.’
‘But how does Rick already have access to his elemental power? I’ve transformed more than once and I haven’t unlocked my power.’
‘It could be there was a difference in the seals locking your power away.’ Erikson answered ‘Your seal stoped you from accessing your mana but his stopped him from using his powers, the mana was there. It’s likely that he won’t revert to being a Blank because of that as well.’
‘Then if Rick can’t control himself then we could all be in danger.’
‘That’s more than likely the case.’ Kellam agreed.

‘So I guess if that’s the case…’ Edward said as he began to materialise gold magic into his hand ‘I’ll use my magic to beat you.’
‘That’s an idea.’ Rick said almost complementing Edward.
‘I call upon this spirit of gold and create the blast sphere of gold!’ The magic turned it a bright golden sphere.
Rick threw the sphere with all of his strength.
It shot across the courtyard at a high speed that was almost impossible to trace.
Rick made no attempt to dodge. Instead he slapped the ball away with the back of his hand. It flew away and exploded on the barrier.
‘That was nice try but that attack was minuscule compare to this.’
Rick flung his hand forward and a blast of Black magic shot out at his hand.
Edward was stunned, he was so paralysed with fear that he couldn’t move his body to deflect or avoid.