The return of a legend

Edward stopped for a moment in shock then turned around and faced Leon.
‘Surprising you are even able to hold yourself off the ground let alone speak.’ Edward joked. ‘No matter I’ll just put you down for good.’
‘Stop him!’ Alexandra screamed slamming her hand on the barrier.
Edwards lance made a thrust at Leon’s face, if it hit it would decapitate him.

Leon grabbed tighter on his sword and Edwards lance stopped dead in its tracks.
‘What? What did you do?!’ Edward shouted.
‘I don’t care if I die one day, but I will not lose. Not to someone like you!’ Leon shouted.
A blue seal lit up surrounding Leon for two meters forcing away Edwards lance.
Leon’s shirt flew off and on his back appeared a seal of magic. At first the seal was empty but then it changed to have a cloud at the top and a bolt of lightning flying down the centre and then the seal broke. The circle surrounding Leon created a bright blue barrier around him that then exploded created a bright blue flash that covered the courtyard and shot off into the sky.

The sky, once grey with empty colour even with the sun changed. The gloomy grey was replaced by blue and the sun shone bright.
When finally the light faded Leon was standing up straight covered by a long blue trench coat and blue jeans with a blue shirt. Leon’s hair remained unchanged; it was still brown however his eyes had changed to a deep sapphire blue. Leon was a Blank no more.

‘Leon!’ Alexandra shouted.
‘What’s going on!?’ Blain shouted.
‘It can’t be…’ the old man spoke.
The light finally wore off and the entire crowd was stunned, glaring at Leon.
Leon held out what was left of the crystal katana in front of him and then it smashed.
‘I am not longer a Blank, my magic has been unlocked. I am a Blue Magic!’ He shouted.
The katana reformed only this time it was a long steel, metallic blue blade that shone with a fierce intensity.
Leon shifted into a battle stance, sliding his right leg forward he crouched holding the katana behind him.
Edward raised his lance; cautiously he edged forward towards Leon. Step by step he drew closer and closer. He noticed that Leon looked as if he was a statue, his expression was unchanged it was as if this unwavering confidence had come over Leon and it even managed to draw some fear into Edward.

‘What- what happened to Leon?’ Alexandra asked Blaine and Collin.
‘We don’t know.’ Blain replied.
The old man in standing next to them spoke. ‘I do. Your friend has unlocked, through his determination to never give up, a deep once thought lost magic. He is a Blue Magic and I can sense his mana in enormous.’
‘How do you know this?’ Alexandra asked.
‘I am a grey Magic and have mastered how to control the aging of my body. I am hundreds of years old and well know the story of the magic war. That boy is a Blue Magic; there is no doubt about it.’

Leon burst forward. Like a bolt of lightning he sprung meters and it looked like his feet didn’t even touch the ground.
Edward flung his spear down at Leon’s face but it came to a crashing halt.
At the precise perfect moment Leon had thrusted his sword forward with both hands in a stab that had dived through the large circle just behind the blades on the lance. The hilt of the Katana had met the outer rim of the circle and locked under the frontal blade.
Edward attempted to move his lance but Leon forced back on the Katana ripping the lance from Edwards grip.

Leon threw the lance and katana across the courtyard then charged at Edward.
‘Now you’re unprotected!’ He shouted.
Both Edward and Leon punched, their fists colliding into one another.
Edwards fist locked up in pain and Leon opened his fist creating a ball of blue mana the size of his hand.
Thrusting the ball into Edwards chest it exploded with a bright blue flash sending him crashing across the ground.