Chapter 1-Zora

"I hate that class! All that man ever does is talk about his kids!" I exclaimed earning a few glances from other people in the hallways.

My best friend Allison and I were standing in hallway at school after a particularly boring Geometry class.

"Yeah, that doesn't mean he has to-" I started before I was interrupted by a fight in the middle of the hall.

A huge guy named Marshall had slammed a small 9th grader into the lockers and was holding him there. Marshall was just pulling back to punch the younger boy in the gut when I tapped him on the shoulder.

Marshall stopped his swing and turned to look at me. He asked, "What do you want."

"I want you to stop beating up on this kid! What has he ever done to you?" I responded angrily. Marshall just sneered at me so I went on, "Maybe you just think I can't stop you. And maybe you're right, but a teacher certainly could. Like the one who is walking towards us right now."

Marshall turned around and searched the hallway fearfully. "Hey! There's no teacher coming," he noted with relief.

"No, but I guess you aren't as brave as you pretend to be," I teased,"Now why don't you leave this kid alone and keep from embarrassing yourself any further." Marshall turned bright red and turned to leave but not before giving me a pretty good death stare.

"Thanks for your help," said the kid I just saved, "Why did you do it though? You don't event know me.

"No one deserves to be treated like that. And I really hate that guy. He thinks he can pick on anyone who is smaller than him."

"Oh, well thanks again for the help" the boy responded just as the bell rang for class.