Chapter 15- Zora

The next hour was a blur. Chiron came and told us to put the strange kids in the basement of the Big House and to take anyone who was injured to the infirmary. Campers went around repairing the damage and cleaning weapons.

The whole time only one thought was going through my head. My brother is alive. I can save him. This whole time I thought that he must have already been killed or there was no way I could save him, but now I could actually do something.

Eventually Chiron asked to talk to me, and Christian insisted on coming with us. I didn't know why he wanted to come, but I was grateful for his company.

Chiron took us to his office in the Big House and had us sit down.

"I'm going." I told Chiron, "I'm going to find my brother and you can't change my mind."

"I understand. We need our Rachel back and it looks like you have been picked for the job. You should go." Chiron replied grimly.

"WHAT! You're just going to let her go in a suicide mission! This is obviously a trap and she barely has any training! She's only been here a week!" Christian exclaimed. He didn't understand why I had to do this.

"You're right," Chiron said much to my surprise, "Zora does need more training and this is most definitely a trap for her, but we don't have time to wait around for her to learn the most precise way to shoot a bow. Also if whoever took Rachel want Zora then she has a better chance at getting closer than any other demigod we could send."

"It's still too dangerous." Christian argued, "She's not even a full demigod."

I shot him a look of hatred. I couldn't believe he just said that.

"I realize its dangerous Christian, which is why I'm turning it into a quest. Tonight at the campfire Zora will choose two other campers to go with her and they will all leave in the morning. Now go get some dinner and, Zora, think about who you want to take." Chiron said.

I could tell Christian wanted to argue some more, but Chiron's tone and the look on his face said the matter was finished.

Christian and I left the Big House. I think he tried to talk to me, but I ignored him. I was still shocked that he would try to keep me from saving my family. I had lost hope in ever seeing my brother again, but now maybe I can put my family back together.