Chapter 36- Zora

Okay so even after 2 hours of planning we still didn't have a plan really. It was more of an outline that included finding this mountain, getting inside, and finding Christian. Dominic kind of knows his way around the caves, but not as well as we had hoped he would. Basically we were rushing into this completely based on our instincts and charming personalities.

We left pretty soon after we gave up on making a plan, and, with the help of a special charm from Tara and some expert speeding and driving skills, we made it to the mountain in another 10 hours. It was past midnight by the time we arrived and I should have been ready to pass out, but adrenaline kept me going.

We found the entrance to the cave tunnels at the peak pretty easily. Unluckily there were four guards posted out front.

"We can't take all four at once," said Rania, "They are definitely well trained and even if each of us take one, the guard left will run to get help or sound a warning or something."

"Can't we just go up to them," I suggested without a lot of hope, "I mean they want us alive so they should let us through. Right?"

Dominic finally decided to give us some help, "No, they would capture you and tie you up or something so you can't fight back and then get what they want from you. As for me and Rania, we would probably be killed. Just follow me and act important."

"Then what are we-" I started but he was already up and striding towards the guards with absolute confidence. Me and Rania exchange a look and decided we had no choice but to follow. If only to save his stupid butt.

When we reached the guards, their hands immediately went to their weapons. "Hey who are you?" A humongous guy with tattoos covering his arms asked.

"We are patrol 2B checking in for the night. Our section was clear of any intruders." Dominic said in a perfectly steady and monotone voice. Like the perfect little soldier he used to be.

Three of the guards looked ready to let us in, but then a thin, mousy girl stepped in front of tattoo guy. The other guards immediately backed out of her way even though they were all bigger than her. "You're back earlier than usual and where's your group leader?"

"Oh he was feeling under the weather, so I'm filling in. I thought he got it approved with headquarters. Anyways like I said we didn't have any trouble tonight so we got back a little faster. Didn't want to waste any time." Dominic continued flawlessly. He made up the cover story without hesitation.

"Fine. I will have to speak to Carl about his notice, but you're free to go." said the girl. With that the guards moved aside and we stepped through.

After they were out of earshot, I looked at Dominic in amazement. He saw me and said, "It was nothing. Those guards generally don't know all of the soldiers, just the group leaders. I know 2B patrols about this time. We have maybe 10 minutes if we're lucky until they figure us out. Let's go find these people and get the hell out of here."