Chapter 22- Zora

I'm really starting to get sick of dreams. All I want is one dreamless night to actually get some good rest.

As soon as I passed out, I found myself in another nightmare about my family. Except this time Rania and Christian were thee too, and I was completely helpless. Then all of the sudden the dream changed and I found myself in the front seat of a sports car of some sort.

Next to me was a really handsome guy with blond hair and a strange golden glow coming off of him. He wore sunglasses so I couldn't see his eyes, but he kind of looks like a surfer. Somehow I knew exactly who I was looking at. It was my great-grandfather, Apollo.

He turned to me and said, "So you are my granddaughter?" All I could do was nod. It was kind of overwhelming knowing that this guy is my great-grandfather, yet he only looked a few years older than me.

"Well first of all Dominic needs to go with you on your quest he might come in handy. Chiron will try to argue with you, but you have to convince him otherwise. Second of all that necklace you have is very special it could lead to the destruction of the gods. You must protect it with your life."

Thousands of questions were floating through my mind, but before I could ask anything my eyes snapped open. I sat up in my own bed in the Apollo cabin.

Convincing Chiron was actually easier than I thought I would be. He argued a little, but eventually he agreed to let Dominic come with us. So I grabbed my bag that I packed last night and went to find him.

He was sleeping in a spare room in the Big House since he wasn't an official camper, but he definitely wasn't going to try and kill everyone, hopefully. When I found his room and knocked he came to the door immediately. He was already dressed and packed.

"How did you know I was coming?" I asked confused.

"I had a lovely dream last night from a god that says he's related to you. He told me that I had to go on this quest of yours, so I woke up and started packing. Not that I have much." Dominic explained with a small smirk on his lips that I decided was permanent. I got the feeling that he was always like this.

"Oh, well Rania and Christian are waiting for us on the porch and then we will leave. We have to make a stop first to get a ride, but I will explain that on the way." With that we both walked towards the door and outside onto the porch.

Once we were outside I explained my plan for a ride to everyone. "My Grandmother has a car in my apartment complex's parking garage that she was going to give me on my 17th birthday. We can stop there and get the keys from her so we don't have to walk all the way to Arkansas."

Rania looked hopeful, but also unsure, "Are you sure you want to use your car for this trip? Chances are that it will get destroyed."

I considered this, but I had already made up my mind, "Yeah I'm sure. it's our best shot for a ride."

"Okay,"Christian said, "Let's go." I knew he still didn't want me to do this, but I saw the determination in his eyes. In fact as I looked around at all of my friends I saw their absolute trust in me. Even Dominic, who I had only known for a few hours, looked at me with some form of acceptance. I really hoped that I wasn't leading all of them to their deaths.