Chapter 31- Christian

You know, being kidnapped and riding on a giant horse rooster while you are only semiconscious is worse than it sounds. Since it sounds pretty bad I'm sure you can imagine that I did not enjoy my ride.

I must have passed out at some point because when I woke up, I found myself in a dark cave that only had a few oil lanterns burning for light. It was cold and wet and there were bars covering the entrance. All in all it was pretty much like a sewer, but it smelled a little better.

In the corner were two human like shapes and as my eyes adjusted to the dim light I realized one was a girl with crazy hair and a small boy who couldn't have been more than 8 or 9.

The girl stood in front of him like she would protect him from me and I realized who I was looking at. It was Rachel Dare and Zora's little brother.

"Who are you." said Rachel.

"I'm Christian from Camp Half-Blood. I was traveling with another camper named Zora, when I got kidnapped by some other demigods and woke up here." I told her. I wasn't surprised she didn't know me. As long as I had been at camp, I had never really talked to Rachel. The whole Oracle thing kind of creeps me out.

The little boy stepped out from behind Rachel. He was really skinny and his eyes looked sunken in as if he hadn't eaten a good meal for a while. I could see his resemblance to Zora though. They had the same blond hair and brown eyes. He took a step towards me and asked, "You said you knew my sister. Where is she? Mean guys keep telling me that she will come, but she doesn't."

I saw tears start to fill his eyes and Rachel grabbed his hand I guess to comfort him. "Your sister is coming." I reassured the little boy, "I was traveling with her on my way to come save you and Rachel when I was captured. Now why don't we start with introductions." I took a step forward and knelt close to Zora's brother. Rachel didn't make me back off, so I took that as a sign of trust. "Like I said before my name is Christian. What's your's?"

"Wesley." He told me.

"Right, Wesley, I'm going to get you out of here. I promise." Just then a door banged open and a guard stepped in to the cavern. He held a sword out in front of him even though the bars separated us from him, and he slid a tray of food through the bars. Then he turned around and left without saying a word.

I walked up to the tray along with Rachel and Wesley. When I looked at the tray I figured out why Wesley looked so underweight. On the tray there were three loaves of bread and a bucket of water. Wesley and Rachel both grabbed their loaves and tore them in half. I picked mine up and was surprised that the bread was actually fresh, but it was still not enough food to stay strong enough to fight. I saw Rachel about to offer half of her own share to Wesley, but I got to him first.

"Here you can have mine." I handed him my food, but he wouldn't take it.

"No, you'll starve if you don't eat that."

"I'm not very hungry anyways. Also You look like you need it more than I do." I said and held the bread out to him again. He reluctantly took it and then devoured both my share and his. Rachel looked at me thankfully and ate her own food. She looked even worse than Zora's brother did. Her clothes hung off her and there was fear in her eyes. I realized that if Zora didn't get here soon we wouldn't survive very long.