Chapter 5-Zora

I saw her lying there and I froze. My whole life, my whole world was tumbling down around me. My mother was on the floor face down. It was obvious that she was dead. I couldn't believe it. This wasn't happening. This is all a dream.

My grandmother's voice snapped me back into reality. She was ordering around Christian. That's when I realized my brother's body wasn't lying there next to my mom's. Christian searched the whole house but didn't find my brother. Maybe he was still alive.

My grandmother sent to my room with orders to pack a bag and grab my bow and quiver. When I came back out my grandmother told me that I had to go but that she wasn't coming with me. I was sad of course but Christian started rushing me out the door.

Once we were out side of the apartment complex, the reality of what was happening really hit me. All of this is real. It isn't a dream. I was about to break down when Christian said, "Camp is about 15 minutes from here if we walk."

I decided that I had to hang on a little longer. I couldn't think about her body lying there. Her arms and legs in unnatural positions... No, stop it Zora. Don't think like that. I thought to myself. I looked at Christian and said, "All right lets go."

I think I may have surprised him. I bet he expected a whole lot of questions about what was going on. But I knew that if what he was saying was true all true, then we weren't safe standing here.