Chapter 8-Zora

When I stepped out on the porch of the Big House, my brain felt like it was going to explode. This was to much to take in all in one day, and ,lucky me, Christian had more surprises. Standing on the porch with him was very pretty, tall, dark-haired girl.

Christian introduced us,"Zora this is Rania Johnston daughter of Athena. Rania this is Zora-" He hesitated because he didn't know my last name.

"Griffin." I said, "Uh, descendent of Apollo I guess. I'm only 1/8 demigod."

Rania didn't say anything, she looked like she was deep in thought. Then Christian said, "Well, come on I guess I'll give you the tour."

"Actually I would rather just go to my cabin. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all of this." I told him.

He looked kind of surprised but he said, "Well, follow me then"

It turns out Rania decided to follow us back to the cabins, but she went right back to the Athena cabin. The Apollo cabin was filled with a bunch of campers that look just like me. which was really weird since I wasn't even directly related to Apollo. The guy who met us was named Jack.

He said, "My name is Jack and I am the head of the Apollo cabin." Jack then pointed out a bunk that was mine and told me that dinner started at 6. Then he walked out with Christian and I was by myself. I mean there were a few other campers in the cabin, but I didn't know any of them.

At 6 I followed the other campers to the Dining Pavilion, and sat down at the Apollo table with my food after giving an offering to the gods. I barely knew anyone, so most of my dinner was pretty quiet until Jack sat down in front of me. he talked to me a little bit and introduced me to some of the other cabin members, but I didn't feel like talking very much.

That night after the campfire I went right back to the cabin and laid down on the bed. I instantly fell asleep and began to dream.

It was a dream about something that happened a few days before all of this craziness. My mother, my little brother, and I were all eating dinner in the kitchen. We were talking about something, but my dream self wasn't really paying attention to the conversation. Everything was safe and warm and happy. I would never have that ever again. An image began flashing over that one of the happy family. An image of my mother lying on the floor with my house trashed.

I woke with a start and realized that I had tears running down my cheeks. I desperately need some fresh air. I got dressed in my new camp t-shirt and some jeans and I rushed outside. When I did I ran right smack into Christian.