Firsts

Unlike my mother, I liked playing dress up with Aunt Alice. I walked in to see several garment bags laid out on her bed. She thrust three of them at Jacob and shooed him out to go home and change.

"First order of business is the dress, then shoes, then makeup," Aunt Alice told me as she unzipped the first bag.

"No wait, I lied. This is first," she handed me a push up bra as I blushed furiously. 

"Trust me!" She insisted turning around and taking dress number one out of the bag and giving me some privacy.

Once the dress was on, I frowned in front of the mirror. It was blood red and strapless...and short. I kept pulling it up afraid it would fall down and I'd expose myself, which made it too short. There was no happy medium with this dress.

 "Next!" she announced as she saw me struggling.

The second one was a black halter, short but not as short as the last one. As Aunt Alice tied the dress behind my neck I examined my bare shoulders and...whoa holy cleavage.

"Nice," I breathed. "Yes!"

"No," Aunt Alice said as she shook her head wistfully. "Your parents will be coming to see the two of you off, and your father for sure would have my head. He'd be the first vampire in history to have a heart attack."

"Damn," I muttered.

"I know," she agreed sadly. "I'll save it though, maybe in a few years. Or if your Mom and Dad take a vacation." She winked at me and I laughed. The next was white, I wiggled into it wondering if it would match my skin and look odd, but I'm not as pale as the rest of my family. The color looked nice on me.

"This is it," I said as Aunt Alice nodded behind me in approval. This one wasn't strapless, but the straps were so thin it felt like it. The short sleeveless pencil dress accentuated my curves. The soft silk linen type fabric showed off my body in a way that didn't say "look at me!" so obviously like the stretchy crimson dress, but still showed off my body like the black one.  The white subtly shimmered as I moved. The dress had a straight neckline that showed off my cleavage in a way that reminded me of a hot forties housewife. I couldn't stop looking at how tapered waistline showed off my butt. I continued to inspect myself while listening to her root through her closet. She returned with a pair of thick white heels with a single thin strap that wrapped around my ankle. Despite being thick, they still looked tall enough for me to kill myself in. I wouldn't change a thing about them though, they were perfect. 

The afternoon wore on and I was feeling a little impatient as Aunt Alice fussed over me. I just wanted the time to hurry up, I knew this was the night, finally. I wondered what Jacob was doing as Aunt Alice did my makeup.

"It's a good thing your hair is already curly!" she said as she piled part of it on top of my head in a sleek ponytail, letting the rest trail down my back. "Otherwise you might have had to go out for breakfast we would have been here all night." She spaced out for a second. "Jacob just decided he's going to leave, so he's on his way!" I was glad after all these years she was able to see the wolves.

"Bella, Edward, come join us!" she called. Even though they were in the cottage, I knew they would hear. While we waited for them she made sure every hair on my head was in place.

"Oh Ness," my mother's voice came from the doorway a moment later. My father stood behind her with his hands on her shoulders. Her golden eyes shimmered as if she would be tearing up if she could. My father immediately crossed the room to kiss me on the forehead. 

"You really do look spectacular Renesmee."

"Thanks Daddy." The three pairs of more sensitive ears all turned towards the highway.