Confessions

Seth

After Anthony's party, I started to mentally prepare myself to leave. It was always hard to leave Mollie, but the worst thing was that I could tell it was hard for her too. I carried her with me as I helped clean up. Jake had told Nessie not to worry about cleaning up, she was laying on the couch with Anthony, rubbing his back. He was already half asleep, the kid had an awful big day today.

"Did you like your party, buddy?" I heard her asking him. I looked into the living room and saw him snuggle into her chest.

"Uh huh. I liked my party, Mommy." He murmured. After Jake and Nessie put him in bed, I knew I should go home. I saved the hardest goodbye for last.

"Mommy said I can come over for lunch tomorrow, so I will see you then. I'll miss you." She frowned as I kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry, but I'll see you tomorrow, cutie." Then I handed the other half of me to Jacob, and went out the back door. I ran into the woods, and when I was about half a mile from the house, I took my clothes off and tied them to my leg. I ran over because I had started phasing every day, to make sure I wouldn't age. It felt more natural to run anyway.

As I ran home I decided that tonight, I would tell my mom about Mollie. Waiting would not make it any easier. So when I got home, I thought I'd start by showing her a picture.

"This is Mollie," I said showing one of the pictures I had of Mollie in my phone as we sat on the couch. She craned her neck and looked.

"She's kinda cute," she said, sounding bored, and turned back to the TV. "Actually looks like she's got some Quileute in her."

"Well she does, Mom. She's half. Maybe more."

"I doubt that," she said with a snort.

I wished I was with Mollie so much right now. This would have been so much easier if I had her in my arms, why hadn't I thought about that before? I needed to just get it over with.

"I imprinted on Mollie." Wow, I'd never said it out-loud before. It felt kind of good.

Her face was blank for a moment, then the expression that crept onto her face looked like I'd told her that I'd imprinted on a tree stump.

"No, you didn't," she said simply. Well, that wasn't what I had expected.

"I did, Mom. It happens, wolves imprint."

"Not on vampires they don't!" she nearly shouted.

"Yes, we do. Jake did, and now I have too."

"Neither of you did!" she insisted angrily.

"Yes, we did!" I insisted. I felt like she was telling me the grass was blue and the sky was green.

"That's why your sister left, isn't it? I knew it wasn't just for no reason. Well, I don't blame her. The whole pack has always been just awful to her."

But I didn't want to talk about Leah right now. "She left for a reason and me imprinting on Mollie isn't why. Mom, I've found my soul mate, my other half. Can't you even try to be happy for me, maybe just a little?"

"You are being ridiculous! That thing is only a baby. A wolf would never imprint on a leech. Jake is only with Bella's daughter so that he could stay near Bella in some sick way."

"Her name is Mollie, and she isn't a thing!" I was getting angry now. I started to shake. "They are not leeches! Jacob does love Nessie, I've seen it in his head!"

"Then you are an idiot because he managed to fool you! And now you think you are going to try and be like him? Seth, you need to see reason. They're not humans, they're monsters. You can not have imprinted on her. The Great Spirit would never allow that. I'm sure you think you did, but it's just not possible."