He's not coming home with you

*Uses homophobic slurs and other hateful language, which I don't condone*

Relationship status: not together
:::22.36

Rye's POV.
I glanced over at him and saw him talking to a tall boy with brown hair. This boy was leaning close to him. The dim lighting didn't help me see, but he wasn't mine and probably wouldn't ever be. I didn't want to see the boy I love with someone else so I left to go to the other side of the party.

I talked to some interesting people and a lot of drunk ones., just trying to forget about him with someone else.

I love him, but he doesn't know and he wouldn't feel the same way even if he did. And here I am mopping around about something that I can't control, someone I can't control. But it's probably better that way. He can find someone who will love him, better than I ever could. Someone who doesn't break over the slightest thing. It would be selfish to try to stop him from being with someone else.

"Hey, Rye! Why are you all the way over here?" I turn around to see Andy, he was smiling widely. Probably thinking about the guy he was just talking to, they were probably going to go out soon.

"I don't know really, why aren't you with that guy?" I ask back, trying not to stare at Andy. This lightning was doing him all sorts of favours, not that it mattered to me. I thought he was beautiful always, even when he just woke up, his hair messy and his eyes half open.

"You mean that creep," he points discretely at the guy he was talking to earlier. "I just managed to get him to leave me alone. He was really rude, and just wanted to get into my pants." He shakes his head.

But he will just find someone else, soon. If not that guy, some other guy.

"Aww poor baby," I say jokingly, faking a laugh and placing my arms around him, pulling him closer. I didn't want him to see my face. I was happy he didn't like that tall guy, but he'll find someone soon. So why rejoice?

"No seriously he was fucking creepy!" I nod still fake laughing before grabbing one of his hands and pulling him towards the dance floor. We're just jumping around singing along, still laughing, but now it was real.

Maybe I could stop liking him. And he wouldn't hate me. I'll just have to fake it until I make it. Pretend I only love him as my best mate, not as something more.

For now, I'll just enjoy having him here, smiling back at him. But keeping it at the back of my head, that it wouldn't last forever.

"I saw you dancing," the same guy from earlier came up behind Andy. "You look so good, want to come over to mine?" He started coming closer to Andy from behind him, almost grinding on him.

Andy turned around so his back was towards me, backing away from the creep.

"No," he takes another step back seeing as the man had moved closer still. This meant his back was almost touching my chest, brushing against me when my chest expanded.

"Come on let me show you a good time," he beckoned Andy to come closer to him. Andy did no such thing.

"Hey back off," I said, finally getting over the fact of how close I was to my crush.

"This doesn't concern you, bitch. This little slut is coming home with me." I pull Andy closer to me and move so I'm between him and the bitch.

"No. Leave! He doesn't want to," I put out an arm in front of Andy just in case.

"Oh, are you his boyfriend? Well I bet, I can do things to you, you little slut, that he never could." He smirked at me like he somehow won.

Before I could speak Andy spoke, "leave us alone Scott, I won't go home with you, I don't like you. I love him." I look back at him and smile at him, seeing him blush.

He started screaming at us, I couldn't quite make out any of the words. But I think some of his friends got the memo that it was time to drag him out of there. Which thankfully three of them together were capable of doing.

I pulled Andy into a hug wanting him to feel safe and wanting to be close to him.

"Thank you."

"For what?" I ask looking down at the boy still in my arms.

"Just being there for me."

"Always, I love you too Fovvs."

We let go of each other and I could see that he too, was smiling like an idiot. Trying to hide his blush by looking down.

Suddenly I feel soft lips pressing against mine. I'm in shock, Andy is kissing me. I could feel his lips leaving mine, but before he could move away before he could come up with some stupid excuse. I pull him in again, our lips crashing against each other. Putting everything I want to say to him, into the kiss.

:::
Hope you liked this one shot, this idea came to me a couple of weeks ago but I had no idea where I wanted it to go so it took forever. So it might feel weird in places, but I've tried.

Send requests, please!

❤️