Honey

:::15.17

Andy's POV
Opening my eyes, everything was white. The lights blinding me momentarily and only after blinking rapidly could I see some blurry contours of people quickly moving around me as I was lying on this soft mattress. Slowly they were coming into focus. Most of them were wearing blue-green hospital attire, but there was, however, one brunet man in light jeans and a grey tee. He was the odd one out looking somewhat dishevelled and tired. He was pacing back and forth in the corner of the room often looking over at me. I had no idea why he seemed so worried, I did not know him. His pretty face was scrunched up in what I assumed to be worry for me.

After the men and women were done scurrying around me talking calmly to me, saying everything was going to be alright, only to move away and talk to each other in very hushed voices, I could finally sit up. I had a look around the room there was a mirror across the room next to the door that had a tiny window out. I saw my face, it wasn't surprising as everyone else in the room. I knew my face, the blue eyes and dyed blond hair that made me sound like a stereotypical Scandinavian.

Yet again looking around in the room, I realised everyone in the room was anxiously watching me like my head was about to explode. And what did I know? I was in hospital surrounded by worried strangers, maybe my head was about to explode. Life's interesting that way.

The only man who wasn't working was now sitting tapping his foot on the floor. It was a steady pace, and I found it matched my pounding heart. I had been worried someone might have heard it, but I then realised how odd that fear was.

After every single doctor and nurse had asked me questions about me and how I felt, most of which I had no answer for, most of them left the room. I must be a quite compelling case as they all had questions for me. Leaving me with an elderly looking doctor and the man who was still sitting in the corner.

"Well, Andy," she spoke to me - I had thankfully known my name - her talking caused the man to stand up coming closer to us. "I know you're confused, waking up not knowing where you are, the incident that caused this damage caused temporary memory loss. We believe this will only last shortly and you should be fine after being reminded of your past and in your environment."

"May I ask what happened," I say tentatively looking up at them both.

"Andy you were on stage, you slipped off as the stage was wet," the brunet explained. This was the first time I heard his voice, and I could understand the regret and pain in the otherwise soft tone.

"Why was I on a stage?" I ask bewildered because I could not imagine myself standing on a stage or anywhere near on for that matter.

"Andy after you check out, I will take you home and show you the house and the boys. They've missed you so much," the man said softly.

"Who are you? Who are 'the boys'?" I ask rather bewildered.

He froze, and I could see the obvious pain in his rich brown eyes. Quickly blinking probably trying to cover up his first reaction. For some reason, I understood what it meant, but I had no idea what I had realised.

His eyes shining slightly and after turning away from me, his eyes appeared like honey. A rich gold instead of the chocolate brown I had seen moments ago.

That wasn't all I noticed, under his eyes, there were rather large bags. He looked like he hadn't slept in days, and what did I know, maybe he had, beyond what they just told me, nothing.

"I'm sorry, Andy, I should have said. I'm Ryan. The boys are our bandmates. We've been in a band for a couple years now. I'll tell you more about it later," his voice still sounded like he hadn't spoken for a while cracking in places and rather weak. I could only nod.