In this light

Relationship status: artist and fan
:::

The heavy smoke was surrounding his feet and the legs of the stool he was sat on. The atmosphere was one out of a forest scene in a scary movie; it suited the vibe of the song. Rather than singing about love and that stuff that would be expected from a guy on a stool with a guitar, he sang about the night and being lost. Every dedicated fan could hear the pain in his voice, and knowing his story meant you could see the hints to what the song was actually about. His mother. His loss and how he was lost without her.

Rye often wondered how someone could send cold chills down his spine while being an angel. Even through a screen, and here now at his thirtieth or so show, it was still more powerful than ever before.

Until now he had snapped a couple of pictures, some for his blog and some for himself. Not in a creepy way but some wouldn't fit his feed. If there was something Rye was serious about, it was not messing up the dark theme on his Fowler-fan-blog.

Rye now felt that this had to be captured and preserved forever. So yet again he gripped his camera with his slender fingers. Only half lifting it, he needed to find the perfect moment to snap the picture. He already knew that it would work great with the other images on his blog, the dark and misty stage would blend well with the others. Even his black guitar that was reflecting the blue light everyone was waving.

Rye didn't know why he took the picture at that exact second, but he knew that he would be happy later, he could feel it. The person in front of him had waved their light more to the left than before, and one of the pictures had taken on a blue glow. He liked it, a lot actually. It wasn't strictly in his pallet but not too far off. He could deal with it later.

As much as the brunet loved photography, he put his camera down wanting to soak in the last minute of the song.  Hearing the soft but powerful voice through the speaker system was something that couldn't be fully captured. It needed to be experienced, and the memories may fade, but the feeling wouldn't quit.

Seeing someone do what they loved no matter what it was, is one of the best things out there. Just the dedication and love, one of the best to capture, always. At least Rye thought so.

Soon enough it was all over, and Rye started to the decent to the real world - also know as wakníng down the doors to the exit. His least favourite part. However, right before the photographer could leave he was tapped on the shoulder by a man in black with a black and white stage pass around his neck.

"Hey, excuse me," Rye was surprised to be stopped but smiled politely nonetheless.

"Hi," Rye had no idea of what to say so he just awkwardly stopped and smiled some more to let the stranger know that he wasn't trying to be rude or weird.

"Well this is weird, but Andy recognised you as Rye Beaumont, the guy who has that fan blog. He said he had to meet you. He seemed very excited to see the man behind the camera."

"Wha...-what? Are you fucking with me?" He strutted while his inside was going ballistic. He couldn't see beyond the guy in front of him. Everything had gone upside down.

"No, absolutely not. Do you want to?"

Did he want to? Rye was gawking at the guy who thought it wasn't obvious. Rye's dream, of course, he fucking wanted it!

"Eh-y-yeah," his ability to speak appropriately and was amazed at how he could move both legs without dying.

They walked together up the stairs, against the stream of people heading out from the hall. Some looked more bummed about the show's end than others. Some more sleepy than others too, especially the young. A family concert, small children with their parents. Some children seemed used to it, still having their earplugs in; knowing that the show wasn't over for everyone. Others had just experienced their first concert and were sleeping on their parents in a variety of ways - slung over a shoulder, on their backs, or in their arms.