After all these years

An: So this is like really long, word count: 3451
so grab a snack and enjoy. Btw thank you for 1k reads, I'm so happy right now!! Also really happy with the chapter!

Relationship status: not together, any more
:::15.30

Andy's POV.
"Andy, is that you?"

I look to see the person calling my name to see who was speaking. And I saw a person that I had loved and hadn't seen in four years.

"Ryan?" How could he be here, he had moved to Spain, to help his brother when he was diagnosed with cancer. That's when had broken up, he didn't have time to come home, everything had been a mess. I loved him when he left and I hated it that he had too, but he had to take care of his nephew and Robbie. Since he was too sick and alone with a son. And after his dad had died his mother was alone with the twins, so she couldn't take another child. He had been so strong.

He gave me a quick hug.

"How are you?" I ask still slightly in shock, I didn't think I would see him, especially not just bump into him in some random supermarket.

"A lot better, it's still hard, but we survive." He smiles a little sadly at me.

Right before we broke it off years ago, his eyes had dulled. He had been so stressed, somehow he seemed happier and stronger, the gleam in his eyes was back.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. But it's been a while or a couple of years. How's Robbie?" I'm still smiling like an idiot.

"He didn't make it, and Maya, well you know..." he's still smiling just not as widely, it's more sad, the face of someone who has lost too much.

It broke my heart to hear what had happened to Robbie. He had been a good friend and a great brother to Rye. Sometime after the break up, we stopped talking, but I thought that if he had died he would have told me.

"Rye, I'm so sorry," I say gently pulling him into a gentle hug.

"So have you spoken to Mikey recently?" I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Yes, we were at his house the other day. Sally is so nice, you've met her right?"

"We?" I ask, has he found someone new?

It shouldn't matter to me, I have Mark.

"Yeah, me and Spencer." He says casually like I should know who that is, "I'm so happy for both of them. They are truly meant to be."

Who could this Spencer be?

"Yes, that's very true. She so sweet, I-"

"Babe, I found the-" Mark, my boyfriend, came around the corner, holding the very specific kind of bread I wanted and stopped when he saw I was talking to. He didn't know too much about Rye, except that we had been together and how he looked because when we met I still had a picture of him as my background. Now it was some stupid guitar, for some reason, that I couldn't quite figure out, I didn't want to see Mark whenever I used my phone.

"Mark, this is Rye. We just bumped into each other," I say smiling at Mark. Mark was a bit of the jealous type, but I didn't quite want to go over to him, to reassure him. Something was holding me back.

"As you heard, I'm Rye. Nice to meet you, Mark." Rye seems unbothered by Mark who was putting a possessive arm around my shoulders. Like he knew what he was doing, and wouldn't let it bother him. And put out a hand for Mark to shake, which Mark did. I could see he was trying to show dominance by gripping rather tightly.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too," His smile wasn't a genuine as ours and he seemed tense.

"Rye!" We all turn around to see a small boy running towards us, he looked to be maybe five or six years old. He was really cute with his dark curls and green eyes. He stops in front of Rye, beaming, Rye crouched down so they were eye level.