Christmas

Two chapters in one day?

Relationship status: it's complicated
:::12.04

Rye's POV.
We were a week into Christmas break, I talked occasionally with my band members and I had invited Andy over for lunch on Boxing Day. For one he was the one who lived closest and second of all because I wanted to spend every single moment with him. He was going to stay at my house until tomorrow afternoon, and he was to be arriving at any moment now.

Right now, I'm sitting scrolling through my phone not really paying attention to it. Just thinking about Andy. The doorbell rang and I jumped. I go to unlock the door but my little brothers come running and get there before me. They love Andy so I'm not worried. Sam opened the door and attacked Andy with a hug, soon his twin brother joined the hug.

"Guys, let Fovvs breathe," I say trying to not laugh at how Andy is struggling to keep his balance. He looks at me with gratitude when they let him go.

"Hi, Rye," he steps inside and walks into my open arms to give me a hug. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm great. You?"

"Same," his head is resting on my shoulder and we only let go when my mum comes downstairs to greet our guest.

"Hey Andy," my mum says as Andy greats her with a hug.

"Hi Mrs.Beaumont, how are you?" He says politely.

"I'm very well, thank you," she smiles at him. "How are you?"

"Well, thank you." My mum gives me a knowing look and excuses herself.

My brothers have been quietly eyeing us for the last couple of minutes occasionally whispering to each other. I give them a weird look and the look I get back is very similar to the look my mother just gave me.

"Come on let's get you settled in," I say and take the bag standing behind him and went to carry it up the stairs.

"Rye, let me take the bag," he tries to take it from me but fails, I shake my head. And carry it upstairs, I hear a sigh and then him following me upstairs.

"So you'll be in here with me, is that okay?" I say gesturing around the room, placing his bag by my desk.

"Yes of course," he smiles at me making me feel warm.

"So I'll take the air mattress and you take the bed," I say.

"No, I'll take the air mattress and you stay in your bed." He says with determination.

"No."

"Yes," he steps closer, looks up at me and we're practically touching noses. I almost forget to breathe. At this point, we're having a silent battle starring into each other's eyes.

"Hey, boys! Do you want-" my mum says when she comes up the stairs and into the doorway. She stops and looks at us with a smug little smile when we hear her voice we don't move away from each other, we just turn our heads to look at her. "I was going to ask if you want anything, Rob is going to the shop."

I turned back to look at Andy, seeing if he wants anything. "No thank you," he says. And looks back at me.

"Mum, I'm good, thanks. But do you know where the air mattress is?"

"Honey, I threw that away ages ago. It wouldn't inflate properly." She sounds apologetic but also a bit happy. "I'm so sorry Andy, I didn't think about that I thought you two would share Rye's bed."

Andy and I look at each other, not wanting the other to be uncomfortable and in Andy's case, not wanting to be to any trouble whatsoever. I shrug and Andy does the same.

"Thanks, mum," I say, she smiles and leaves us.

"Well, I guess we don't have to argue about that any more then," I say smiling at him, he returns my smile.

"I guess that's good for you because we both know I would have won," he turns away from me with a smug smile.

"Um, yeah. No, I totally would have."

We continued bickering like this for a while until my dad called us down for lunch.

:::15.33

Andy's POV.
We had eaten lunch and now Rye and I were just sitting watching 'come to dine with me' because it's hilarious. I was cuddled up to Rye's side and he had his arm around my shoulders. We were laughing at how ridiculous the show is. It is one of those shows that just plays an entire season in the afternoon.

:::16.04

Sammie's POV.
I see my brother cuddling Andy in the living room watching television. I can see that they like each other, and I think Andy is really nice so I think they should be together. Shaun and I spoke about this when Andy first arrived. The way they hugged.

"Hey, guys can you help us with something upstairs?" I call to them, they nod and follow us upstairs.

"We want to hang these decorations in the hooks along the ceiling, we tried to use chairs but they weren't stable enough or not tall enough. So we thought Rye could lift you and we would hand you ornaments." Shaun says and I nod. They agree and we start with some silver stars.

:::16.07

Rye's POV.
I wrap my arms around his thighs and lift him up. Sammie hands ornaments to Andy. Everything from silver stars to classic red bulbs. I didn't put him down instead I carried him, which deemed to be necessary because soon they told him to hang fairy lights from one hook to the next. Andy was very good at making the decorations look good and would ask me to go back so he could change things to make it look like one continuous piece.

"Okay, last hook, last decoration," Sammie says excitedly. I don't understand why my brothers are looking so excited before I see what Sammie just handed Andy. Mistletoe. I don't think Andy realised what he was holding until it was hanging.

"Now kiss losers," my brothers said in unison.

He looked down at me, I could sense that he was unsure of what to next. I was looking up at him. I let him glide down slowly, stopping only when his feet reached the ground. I don't know why he is so nervous, I know why I'm nervous, I like him. But it's not like we haven't kissed before. We both slowly lean in and kiss. The kiss lasted longer than the on-stage pecks. This kiss was slower it wasn't to entertain. When we finally break the kiss my brothers are cheering.

:::
Thank you so much for reading! Please vote if you liked it. Give me suggestions, please.

❤️