The Darkness isn't Unbearable

**TRIGGER WARNING: mentions physical/physiology/verbal abuse in the home. As well as an alcoholic parent **

Relationship status: classmates

:::18.12
Some nights like this Ryan would take his brothers to Mikey's house, other times they would all crawl up in Rye's bed and hope that the locked door would hold up. That it would keep him out. Nights where their father drank or simply was outraged and stayed in the house to torment his children. Tonight was different, they couldn't go to Mikey as his family was travelling for s long weekend in Paris. However, they still managed to get of the house and go to the park as his brothers wanted. This park happened to be the one across from Andy's house. Rye decided that he might let them sleep outside - as it was a warm summer evening, as well as a Friday so they wouldn't have to be up early for school tomorrow - while he waited for dawn to come and they could go back to their house.

Andy was quite surprised seeing him in the park outside his house, first just seeing standing in the park. Assumed he might be with some friends smoking or drinking, wreaking havoc. Andy didn't know much about the boy but assumed like everyone else based on his appearance - because even if Andrew was the sweetest boy, no one was immune to stereotypes. Still, after speaking briefly with the brunet, just three days ago, he made conclusions. However, Andy was wrong and was proved to be when Rye's little brothers came into view. He picked up Shaun - not that Andy knew who it was - and started running away from Sammie with him slung over one of his shoulders. Andy could see their happy faces, joy over the smallest things.

Andy ate his dinner slowly as he watched them playing outside. Wondering why they were staying there so late, instead of going home, but they sat down in the grass. He decided to go out and check on them after he saw the small boys lying down with their heads in Rye's lap.

He didn't bother with putting on anything besides shoes, leaving his house in just a hoodie and jeans.

"Hey," And sat down next to him on the grass, causing Rye to stop pulling his fingers through Shaun's hair to look up at who was having a seat.

"Hey Andy," Rye said, returning to his younger brother's hair.

"Are you guys okay? You've been here for a while." Andy said in a kind voice.

"We're fine, thank you. It's not too cold," Andy now noticed that Rye was only wearing a red t-shirt and one of the boys was wearing a more substantial hoodie, that Ryan had been wearing up earlier. This also helped Andy see the sleeve of black and grey ink that covered one his arms, the other only having one or two tattoos along with the many cuts and bruises.

"Why don't you go home?"

Rye wondered why his classmate was asking all these questions. Yes, they had spoken a couple of times, but it wasn't about more than Music. Rye then quickly realised how this must look three young boys in the park late a summer evening.

"That's not really an option right now, but trust me we're alright. We always are," Rye said, not knowing what he wanted to accomplish; who he tried to convince.

"Well, you don't have to tell me. But I wanted to offer you our guest room if your brothers would like to sleep on a bed. Don't worry I won't bother them with questions, I may ask you some, however. And we have spaghetti left over from dinner," Andy said not really looking at Rye but his smaller brothers.

And Rye wanted to say no, it wasn't in his nature to accept help. He had been dealing all by himself since he was twelve and been mostly by himself even before that. He had had no one during those months were there wasn't enough for them all to eat, so he had just fed his brothers and gone hungry himself, stuffing his face in the cafeteria instead. But he knew his siblings would sleep calmer in a bed.