Chapter Two- Prince

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  2  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Pass it over Molly Ringwald"

The red head glared at him and handed over the blunt

"Here you go, Prince." she emphasized "prince" and he scoffed. "Don't call me that at school. You know that."

Beverly rolled her eyes and leaned back against the schools brick wall.

It was currently fourth period of the school day and Richie and Beverly were ditching to smoke behind the school. Math class was boring anyways.

"Then why wear the jacket to school? Isn't it the same thing..."

"This jacket is my people
and—"

"—and a king never takes off his crown. I've heard it a million times Rich."

"Then fuck off bev!"

She half-heartedly punched his arm as he flicked the last of the blunt away. He brushed off his leather jacket and leaned his head back, letting smoke fill the air above them.

" maybe you should finally get one."

"No way! My dad would kill me if he even saw me hanging out with you, imagine what would happen if I came home in a Vice Kings jacket!" She dramatically flailed her arms around and her best friend chuckled.

Beverly looked past Richie and saw a letterman jacket heading towards them. "Shit... here comes a prep."

Richie followed her gaze to see a smiling face with a duffle bag hanging from his shoulder. He began fanning the smoke away until Mike was completely in front of them.

"Can we help you?" Richie coldly asked

"Woah, not here to snitch. I'm ditching too so that would make me a hypocrite," he smiled kindly at the two. Bev returned the smile but Richie just grunted. "Can I sit?"

"yes!"

"no—"

Beverly and Richie exchanged looks but Bev patted the spot in front of them despite Richies rude stare. Mike set his bag down and sat in the grass. He sniffed the air and crinkled his nose, "smells like a skunk back here, how do you guys stand it?"

"It's called weed Haystack. Doesn't your family grow it?" Richie sarcastically replied

"We grow corn— oh, I'm sorry. I haven't even introduced myself, I'm Mike Hanlon." He held his hand to Bev, who shook it kindly and replied "Beverly". He held his hand out to Richie but he yawned and folded his arms.

"And your Richie Tozier, right?" Mike grinned and put his hand down.

"Gold fucking star. Surprised a jock like you knows my name."

"I play football, that doesn't make me a 'jock'. I just know everyone's name, I'm a peoples person." He smiled at Richie who just huffed and pulled out a cigarette.

"So what made you guys ditch?" Mike curiously asked. "Mrs.Hanscom's math class. It's a total drag," Beverly stated, "we haven't gone to that class once this year." She looked over at Richie for support but he just puffed out smoke.

"You?" She nodded towards mike. "Gym. I'm sore from last nights game and I didn't feel like going. But it worked out, I made new friends." He winked at Beverly who blushed and then beamed at Richie who shook his head.

"I would hardly call us friends Haystack." richie grunted.

"You're one tough nut to crack... I bet we'll be best friends by the end of the week." Mike assured

"Don't hold your breath." Richie retorted as he stood up and left the two.

Mike turned to Bev and frowned. He just wanted to be friends with the boy that all the guys in the locker room called names and spread rumors about. He wants to be friends with everyone. His dad always told him that friends will be there for you when no one else will be.

"Don't worry about him. He's a dick, but he'll come around." Bev reassured with a pat on the shoulder. " he will." Mike replied with a nod.

The lunch bell rang above their heads and mike stood up. He offered a hand to Bev and helped her up as well.

"Want to eat lunch with us? I'm sure Richie will love that" Bev said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Mike laughed and followed her to the cafeteria.

chris