Chapter Thirty One- I Still Worry About You

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 31 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The next day Richie, Beverly, and Mike stood by Richies locker. It was morning during a passing period so the school was only mildly loud. Bev and Mike were deep into a conversation about algebra and Richies brain had shut out the conversation.

He did notice thought that Stan and Bill were all standing at a locker about 10 feet away, but blocked by other teenagers. Another thing he noticed was Jane and Eddie walking up to Stan and Bill.

Eddie had his hand intertwined with Janes and she leaned into his side.

Jealousy was only one of the things that Richie was feeling right now. But seeing Eddie laugh at whatever Jane said like he did at his jokes made his stomach bubble with anger.

Then he noticed how when Jane went to put her arm on Eddies back he winced and jumped away from the touch. He also saw the long red lash that wrapped around Eddie wrist like a bracelet.

"Richie? Are you even listening?" Beverly nudged his side and he looked back down at her.

"Why are you crying?" She asked in a puzzled voice.

Richie didn't even notice that he was crying. But he looked back at Eddie holding Janes hand, just like how they held hands, and the way he smiled at her like he use to do with him. Everything inside of him was screaming at him that what he was about to do was stupid, but he did it anyway.

He walked over to the small group, bringing all of their eyes to him. He looked down at Eddie and completely forgot every thought that swarmed in his head.

Eddie looked up at him with an unreadable expression. Jane scooted closer to him and stared at Richie. Eddie had told her all about how Richie broke him.

" are you..." he looked down at the fresh wound on eddies wrist, "Okay?"

Eddie looked down at it too and Richie reached out to touch it. Eddie covered it with his hand and pulled it away, out of Richies touch.

They stared at each other for a long time, as if they were reading each other's minds. But Eddie was the first to break the trance. Tears slipped from his eyes and he walked away. Bill, Stan, and El followed behind.

Richie sighed and mentally punched himself. Mike appeared behind him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"He's hurting" Richie stated, watching Eddie leave the hall.

"I know" mike responded

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Why does he care?" Eddie cried into his knees in the corner of the boys bathroom. Jane, despite being a girl sat by his side comforting him. Bill was trying to keep Stan from going out there and beating the snot out of Richie.

"It'll be okay" El ran her hand up his arm, trying to comfort him

Stan cooled down in the opposite corner and Bill joined El and Eddie.
"Wh-what is that on y-your wrist?" Bill asked, looking down at the deep cut.

Eddie hid it in his lap, "I fell off my bike" he lied. He could practically hear Stans eyes roll. Stan found out about the 'punishments' one day when he had come over to give Eddie back his homework that he borrowed. He climbed through his window right when he was bandaging his torso and blood was being soaked up into the floor. Eddie told him to keep it a secret.