Chapter Eighteen- Blue

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 18 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"I'm hurting"

Mike looked back down at the cuts before bill pulled his arm back and yanked his sleeve down.

"You c-can't tell anyone"

"Bill... I don't even know what to say... I'm sorry but you have to tell—"

"Mike— p-please...." a tear rolled down Bills cheek and Mikes heart shattered. He can't stand seeing people hurt.

He thought until the microwave beeped. He searched bills face, looking for anything that read "I need you to tell someone" but only came up with "please, don't tell"

"I— I won't. But you have to let me help you."

Bill pulled the bag of popcorn from the microwave and dumped its contents in the large bowl. He took one last look at Mike, "you can't
h-help me."

Mike watched him leave the kitchen and join the others. The image of Bill hurting himself stuck in his head for the rest of the night.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The next morning after the sleepover, Richie and Eddie were the second to last to leave. Mike stayed for some reason, but they didn't think much of it considering Mike stuck by Bills side all night.

"Dad, please cover for me."
Eddie spoke over the phone in Richies truck. Richie looked out the window, trying not to snoop on eddies conversation.

"...... yes..... No dad! Don't make a big deal about it!..... no, he hasn't...."

Richie glanced over at Eddie to see him blushing.

" gosh dad, we haven't even— we haven't even k-i-s-s-e-d yet..." Eddie seemed to forget that Richie could spell. Richie just smirked to himself and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel

"..... I promise.... ya, by curfew.... ya..... thanks dad!" He ended the call and beamed at Richie

"We're good to go!" He buckled up as Richie started the engine

"So..... we haven't k-i-s-s-e-d yet?" Richie mocked and eddies cheeks turned red

"Shut up! I didn't know what else to say! It's not like I lied" which was true. Richie has merely received a half-kiss on the cheek.

"I don't know if you knew this Eds... but... I can spell."

Eddie rolled his eyes and Richie laughed.

"Where are we going smart ass?" Eddie crossed his arms like a child and looked over at Richie who was focused on the road.

"Somewhere, you'll have to wait and see"

Eddie eyed him but then shrugged and turned back to watch the road. They stopped in the middle of a grassy meadow.

Eddie jumped out and followed Richie, his shorter legs leaving him behind. He soon caught up and took ahold of Richies hand, lacing their fingers together. They walked through the trees, the warm August breeze blowing through them.