Chapter Fourty Five- its always been about you

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   45  *:・゚✧*:・✧

the library was empty per usual. ben sat at a desk scribbling down rhymes on a sheet of notebook paper as bev sat in an armchair behind him.

she swung her legs over the arm and stared up at the ceiling, calmly listening to the scratch of Bens pencil on paper.

"whatcha writing?"

"a poem"

"can i hear it?"

bens pencils stopped moving and he breathed out. "i don't know...."

"oh come on, your stuff is good!" bev was sitting up in her seat now, leaning forward.

ben glanced back at her, a blush creeping up his cheeks. "you sure?"

bev nodded and waited for him to start.

ben picked up his paper and took a deep breath.

"i finally know why my heart beats faster when you're not around.
i guess it's hoping you'll hear it, cause' you know; it's beating for you." (poem by "Ariana") ben finished the poem and looked back at beverly who was smiling like a cheshire.

"that was pretty..." she spoke softly

ben grinned and thanked her.

"who do you write these poems about anyways? she must be special." bev leaned back in the chair.

"oh... just some girl... well , not just some girl, a... different... girl. she's not necessarily girly and she doesn't keep her thoughts to her self... i like that about her... she's fire... ready to burn at any moment..."

bev almost frowned, wondering who it could be, "oh... she sounds really nice..."

" who do you think it is?" ben turned in his seat to face beverly. bev raised an eyebrow and shrugged, "um... i don't know. maybe that girl in our history class? samantha?"

ben huffed and stood from his chair, "Beverly. your hair is a winter fire."

"what?"

"January embers. my heart burns there too."

"ben, i-"

"it's you beverly." ben softly spoke, "it's always been about you."

beverly stared at him in disbelief.

"i know. i wouldn't like me either but i couldn't keep it a secret any longer-"

suddenly beverlys lips were on bens and he lost all words. her hands cupped his face until she pulled away.

"i like you too Ben."

ben smiled and leaned in to hug her tightly, "good"

♥*♡+:。.。。.。:+♡*♥

"who are they even talking about?" richie asked his dad at the dinner table.

eddie was sent home after the Gray Bloods arrival. richie told him to lock his doors and text him when he got home.

" i think.... i think the denbroughs sent them. for georgie"

richie felt his stomach twist at the mention of their hostage in the basement.

"how could they get a gang on their side?" richie wondered aloud

" money controls people now and days...." went took a long drink of his coffee

" so why are they saying we killed him? hell i just talked to him this morning..." richie proped his head up on his hand

" i don't know. just stay safe please. don't go anywhere alone and keep a switchblade on you at all times. keep your boy safe."

richie knew he was talking about eddie. "i will."

that night, eddie never texted back.

wOw TwO UpDaTeS iN a RoW

chris