Chapter Twenty Four- Not Forgotten

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   24  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

October 1st

It was a warm Saturday afternoon. The Losers were at a cafe drinking pumpkin spice lattes in honor of the fall season. But Richie, was home, watching his dads motorcycle disappear down the driveway.

Once he was alone, he grabbed the cellar key and ran outside to unlock the chains. He threw them aside carelessly and stepped in, shutting the creaky doors behind him.

The familiar tap of Georgie's blue ball echoed off the walls. It stopped suddenly and was replaced with the sound of dragging chains. The boy turned to face Richie and smiled.

"Hey Tozier"

"Sup kid"

Richie trotted down the stairs with one hand behind his back. He sat across from Georgie on the small rug and looked at the sad boy.

"You enjoy those pb&j sandwiches?" Richie said with a half smile

"Ya. I don't understand why you thought I needed ten of them." Georgie laughed softly and put his hands in his hoodie pocket.

Richie had been visiting Georgie everyday since he found him. His dad was always out so he always had time. But today was October 1st.

"You know what today is?" Richie asked, a smile creeping up on his lips.

"Am I suppose to answer that? I don't even know what month it is." He rolled his eyes at Richie who just chuckled.

"I'll tell you then. It's October first," he held out a chocolate cupcake from behind his back with a single candle in the center. He pulled out his lighter and lit it. "It's your birthday!"

Georgie smiled wide and for a second he felt better.

"Make a wish, your only 14 once" Richie held the cupcake out and smiled at the happy reaction from Georgie. He blew out the candle and took the cupcake, looking down at the perfect cake with a yellow wrapper that read 'Kaspbraks sweets' on the side.

"Thanks Richie, I forgot" he said with a weak smile.

"What you wish for?"

Georgie hesitated, "I wished... I wished to see my brother again" he bit into the sweet treat and Richie felt his heart sink into his stomach. He pat the boys shoulder and grabbed his attention

"You'll see him again." Richie promised. Georgie didn't seem like he believed him. But he was telling the truth. Richie pulled out his phone, "I have a pic of me and him? If you wanna see,"

Georgie nodded his head and Richie held out his phone, showing a selfie of him and Bill. Bill was flipping off the camera and Richie was smiling widely with a cigarette tucked behind his ear. Georgie took the phone and stared at the picture, as if it would make it come to life.

"I almost forgot what he looks like..." he said solemnly handing the phone back to Richie slowly. Suddenly the phone began ringing and the contact name 'billy boy' flashed. Georgie tried grabbing it back but Richie snatched it too quickly. He walked over to the corner and answered it, putting it up to his ear.