Chapter Sixty Five- a test

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   65  *:・゚✧*:・✧

"are you sure?" richie rubbed eddies back

"yeah... i can do it" eddie nodded and jumped off the stool.

he began walking down the stairs and entered the basement.

"do you think he's safe?" stan asked richie who just stared at the basement steps

" levi better hope so"

eddie closed the door behind him and looked at levi who looked back at him.

"hi..." eddie spoke quietly and kept his back against the door

"hey" levi responded just as quiet

"um..." eddie stepped closer and fidgeted with the hem of his pastel sweater, "mike said... you wanted to talk to me...?"

levi nodded and eddie sat on the coffee table.

levi sat up and scratched the back of his neck, "i.... i'm really sorry. we were finally becoming kind of friends and then i ruined it by listening to my dad and... scaring you so bad... making you think i was gonna... rape you" the words tasted like poison in levi's mouth, "i would never. and i'm so so sorry that i scared you so bad" levi felt hot tears roll down his cheeks as he looked at eddie, "and i... i shouldn't of listened to my dad. i took it too far and now you're afraid of me... i just wanted to be friends"

levi sniffled and wiped his cheek. eddie stared at levi for second, then gently hugged levi. levi hugged eddie back, "in so fucking sorry eddie"

"it's okay.... well it's not, but i forgive you. because it wasn't you, it was your dad controlling you." eddie let levi cry on to his chest a little longer

levi sat up and wiped his tears, "it's really no excuse..."

eddie sat down again, "we can be friends"

levi looked at eddie, "are you sure?"

"yeah, i am" eddie smiled kindly, "what if your dad comes looking for you?"

"he won't" levi shook his head, "the last text he sent me said 'don't come home unless you have that brat with you' and i'm not gonna take you back there."

eddie felt sick thinking about having to go back there. he stood up and went to the door, "i'm trusting you levi. please don't break it" he looked down at his hand and sighed

"i know you hurt yourself. i felt the burns on you hand earlier," eddie didn't look at levi, "but it'll be okay" he left the basement without looking at levi.

he stood at the top of the stairs and looked straight at richie.

"so..." richie began

"it's okay. whatever happens now, happens" eddie looked at mike who nodded

"you really think he's gonna change?" stan asked

eddie nodded, "maybe"

"what if he doesn't?" richie added