Chapter Thiry Six- The Thing He Wasnt Suppose to See

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   36  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was a stupid idea.

Probably the stupidest thing Eddies ever done.

He found out from a few people that Richie goes to the bar on the far side of town after school. He knows it's Vice King territory and no one dares to step foot in. But he had a really stupid idea.

So after school he rode his bike past his neighborhood and into the bad side of town. From a distance he could see the neon purple lit sign above the old warn down bar. Motorcycles lined the small parking space along with a few old pick up trucks, one of them being Richies. He hopped off his bike and put the kick stand down next to the truck.

From outside, you could hear nothing. He expected loud music and voices but it was silent. The sign read 'Open' so it must be.

He walked in and was in a small hallway. No one was in sight yet. He quietly followed the hall until he entered what seemed to be the main room. It was full of men in a big circle surrounding two other men. It was dead silent. Eddie hid behind a barrel and peeked over it to see what was happening.

Wentworth sat in the center across from a man with a mustache at a table.

"A deals a deal." He shook hands with the man. The man pulled out a brief case and began handing over bags of white powder and marijuana.

"The boss says this is what you agreed upon correct? Four pounds of coke and fifteen pounds of weed?"

"Yes. And next weeks shipment will be delivered in a U-Haul." Went nodded and took the briefcase.

Eddies eyes went wide at the exchange. From what he knew those were both two very illegal drugs in the state of Maine. Beverly really wasn't kidding.

He stood up to leave but ended up falling backwards and falling on his butt with an 'oof'. It echoed in the silence and everyone turned to face him. His cheeks turned red and he stood up quickly. Two men came up behind him and seized him by the arms. The room quickly became loud as Eddie was shoved into the center of the ring.

"He heard everything boss." A man spoke from the crowd

Went looked down at Eddie with furrowed brows.

"Alvin, take our dealer and escort him to his car. Take the goods and put them in my office." Went ordered and the man that had the briefcase was escorted out by Mr.Marsh

Eddie seemed to shrink under every mans gaze. He felt trapped and afraid.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear anything!" Eddie tried to lie

"What are you doing here kid" a man stepped out from the crowd. He had tons of arm tattoos and was burly.
"Someone send you?"

Eddie shook his head and swallowed thickly.

"Boss.You know the rules. You know what we have to do!" The man spoke to Wentworth in a loud voice. Everyone cheered at that

"We have to get rid of him! He'll rat us out if we don't." Another woman spoke.

"Get rid of me?! Are you going to kill me!" Eddie blurted and backed away from Wentworth

"Shut the fuck up brat!" The man next to him yelled

"Johnny! Shut up!" Wentworth yelled in the mans face and pushed him back into the crowd.

Everyone began arguing and Eddie could feel tears well up. He definitely didn't want to die in a dirty bar surrounded by men and woman that didn't even know him.

"Boss, he's seen too much you have to kill em'" someone spoke from the crowd.

"I know! Let me think!"  Wentworth pinched the bridge of his nose and leaned against the table top.

"What's the hell is going on—" a voice cut through the crowd and made Eddie want to cry ten times harder. The crowd split and made a path for the voice.

Richie walked through it and stopped in front of Eddie. "What are you doing here Eddie?! You need to leave!" He tried to push Eddie out but Wentworth held him back.

"Prince, he's seen too much... we have to-" Wentworth slid a finger against his throat to gesture what he didn't want to say aloud.

Richie gaped at him and shook his head, "No. He won't tell I swear"

"You can't promise that. He isn't one of us. It's the rules" Wentworth's voice was thick with emotion and Richie couldn't think of anything to say

"No dad. We can't. I can't—"

Wentworth put a hand on his shoulder, "Prince. You agreed to these things when you became apart of this gang. These are the hard things you have to do."

Richie felt his cheeks become wet and wiped away tears quickly. He looked back at Eddie who was looking around the crowd and crying. He cupped his face in both his hands and leaned down to his level

"I'll get you out of this, okay?" Richie whispered to him and Eddie stiffly nodded. Richie wiped his tears away with the pad of his thumb and then turned to whisper to Went

"Can we make him a Vice King. There has to be a way."

"We can't decide that. The whole gang has to agree and right now they want him dead." Went shook his head and sighed deeply. "Just go into my office, you shouldn't see this."

Richie stood between Eddie and Wentworth, reaching a hand back to put it on eddies bicep. Eddie hid behind Richie, a sniffling mess.

He looked at his dad, "I can fix this. No one has to die."

Richie turned around to look at Eddie, "do you trust me Eds?"

Eddie hesitated as he looked around the room. He was shaking and sniffling, scared that this would be his last moments alive. Richie pulled his attention back and Eddie looked right into his eyes, trying not to focus on the many guns he seen around the room.

"Yes" he answered

Richie kneeled down on one knee in front of him and took a ring off of his own finger. He held it out to Eddie,

"Will you marry me?"

what a cliffhanger

PLEASE READ BELOW!!!

I'm making a new book!!

It won't be published till this book is over, and it won't be over for a LONG time.

But here's a hint to what it's about:

BITE

chris