Chapter Six- Dads

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  6  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Prince, wake up"

Wentworth shook Richie awake and grinned to himself. Richies eyes slowly opened and he groaned at the light hitting his eyes.

"dad.... I don't wanna go...."

"You have to bubs, I have work today"

"You mean sitting at the bar?"

"No, sitting at my bar. I own it."

"Whatever, same thing" Richie sat up slightly in bed and pushed his curls out of his face. "Please?"

His dad sighed and sat beside him on the bed, "why? Better be a good excuse."

Richie thought over if he should tell his dad about Eddie or not. He knows that his father would do anything for him. Would he except that he's gay?

"I just.... Ive been trying to talk to this one person for days, but I think their afraid of me... because of the jacket," he gestured towards his jacket that was draped over his desk chair. "And I just want them to like me... but I can't face them today, not after every time I failed miserably to talk to them."

A smirk grew on Wents face and he scratched his chin. "This person... sounds like you have feelings for them?"

Richies pale cheeks tinted pink and he looked anywhere but at his dad. "Maybe..."

"Oh come on Prince, you can tell your old man."

Richie smiled at the mere thought of Eddie. "Okay... but if you tease me I'll never tell you anything ever again!"

"King's honor," Wentworth held up his right hand.

"So..." he took a breath, "there's this person, and I'd never seen them before. But their kinda irresistible, and tiny. And I tried talking to them but they run away like a scared little mouse. And..... I don't want to see them at school today because they make me happy, but at the same time make me want to die because I can't talk to them "

"Sounds awful. You know, when I met your mom, she didn't want anything to do with me. She was a cheerleader, too good for a bad boy like me. But one day, I showed her that I'm not all leather jackets and boots. And then we had you in a janitors closet—"

"Fucking gross dad! Too much information!" They both laughed and Wentworth put a hand on Richies shoulder.

"I'll let you skip this one day, but you have to come with me to the bar."

"Deal!"

Richie got up and slipped on his Kings jacket. He was still wearing the same pants he wore to school but they didn't look too dirty. He and his dad walked out of the house and took their old pickup to the Vice Bar.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Pool balls clattered and the air smelt like booze and cigarette smoke. The walls were covered in street signs and posters. Everyone inside was wearing a Kings jacket.

Only members of the gang were allowed in, and if you have any kings blood in you, your one of them. It's part of the three rules.

Richie stood behind the bar table and wiped glasses down with a bar rag. Wentworth sat on a stool with a beer in hand.

"Wentworth! Is it bring your kid to work day or what?" A built, tall man walked over and patted Wentworths back.