Chapter Seven- The Denbroughs

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  7  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

♥*♡+:。.。 Billy 。.。:+♡*♥

"You let him leave?!"

"M-mom I d-didn't th-think—"

"Of course you didn't! You never fucking think! And now your brother is gone!!"

"m-momma please—"

A sharp hand smacked across my face, sending me to the floor. Tears spilled over my eyes and left salty trails down my cheeks.

"William. You killed your little brother."

She walked out of the house, slamming the door and taking off in the family station wagon.

I stayed on the floor, holding my reddened cheek. She was right, it is my fault. I let him leave without supervision. I didn't make sure he had his phone when he left.

I'm the reason he's dead, and now he's never coming back.

He was all I had. When my parents were off doing late night shifts at the bank, it was just me and Georgie. He's my brother, and I had to take care of him. I made him breakfast, lunch and dinner. I walked him to and from school.

And I loved every second of it.

Because I had a friend at home. I wasn't alone. He kept me company on those dark nights when I felt like the world was against me. And those darker nights when my parents yelled at me and told me I'd always be nothing but shit.

And now he's gone. And I'm alone in a big, empty house. With no brother, no parents....

Nothing.

And I just want something.

Then I realized I had you.

You picked me up from the floor and wiped away my tears. You gave me a crooked smile and I could feel my world start to come together again.

"Let's watch a movie?" Was what you asked me. And it was just what I needed to get away.

We sat on my couch, and you pulled me closer and let me rest my head on your shoulder. You put your arm around me and held me.

I felt like maybe we were more than friends.... and I hope you feel the same Stan.

You let me talk about my parents, and never once did you judge me.

"Th-they own the bank, and I h-heard rumors th-that they work w-with the Vice K-Kings. Is that c-crazy?"

"Rumors are rumors. Innocent until proven guilty I'd like to say."

And maybe it was just dumb luck that you showed up at my house right as I was at my worst moment. But you continued to visit me every night. You eventually just started letting yourself in!

We've been friends since, what? Sixth grade maybe?

Why am I all of a sudden getting this infatuation for you?

All I know, is that I have a huge crush, on Stan Uris.

chris