Chapter Sixteen- Dancing to a Love Song

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 16 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Oh, hey boys" Wentworth smiled crookedly at Richie.

"Hey dad, thought you were at the bar today?" Richie awkwardly teetered on his heels and Eddie hid behind him slightly.

"I was, but I decided to leave early. It is my bar after all," He walked over to the fridge and grabbed a cold beer, popping the cap off with the edge of the counter. "What have you boys been up to?"

"Eddie just got sick and so I brought him here" Eddie nodded and went along with richies lie.

"Yeah, but I'm okay. Nothing to worry about." Eddie stood up a bit straighter.

Wentworth chuckled and walked over to the couch, "whys the first aid out?" He pointed to the tin box on the couch.

"Uh— paper cut."

"Mhm.... well.... you boys can stay here, just leave the bedroom door open." Went sat down and turned on the TV, finding where they left off half way through "The Goonies".

Eddie blushed and Richie chuckled. He turned around to look down at Eddie, "wanna stay here?"

"I definitely can't go home, if my mom found out I ditched school she would—" Eddie glanced over at Went and stopped himself. "She would be mad."

Richie got the point and lead Eddie back to his room. It was the farthest room back in the trailer home, the living room tv could barely be heard.

Eddie sat on the bed, Richies hoodie pooled in his lap. Richie walked to the corner of his room and opened his record player. He fingered through an assortment of records and picked one out carefully. He slid it from its cover and placed it under the needle.

"You like music?"

"Of course I like music,"

"You're just my type Kaspbrak, I have a record that I think you'll like."

Eddie smiled and listened as the beat began playing. "Twenty One Pilots?"

"Bingo spaghetti man"

Richie bobbed his head and tapped his foot along with the music. Eddie smiled fondly and leaned back to watch Richie dance.

"She's a tear in my heart, she's a carver, she's a butcher with a smile..." Richie sang along as Eddie hummed the lyrics to himself.

The next song began to play and a mischievous smile played on Richies lips. Eddie raised an eyebrow at him, "what?"

Richie stood in front of Eddie and held his hand out, " This song is meant to be danced to."

It was 'can't help falling in love", a cover of Elvis Presley's song.

"Oh is it now?" Eddie slid his hand into richies and stood up

"Yep. Especially with boys as cute as you." Richie blushed at his own words. Eddie giggled and followed Richie to the center of the room.

Eddie placed his hands on Richies shoulders, and Richie put his on eddies waist, being mindful of his cuts. They swayed softly to the music, their eyes connected and never wavering.