24

I woke up to the smell of butter lingering around my nose. I opened my eyes and saw our two dogs sleeping beside me, laying on Jennie's place. I sat up carefully and yawned while stretching then glanced at the bedside drawer.

"August 24th," I whispered to myself and pulled the drawer out, taking the small box and kept it inside the pocket of my sweatpants. "Today's the day."

I went out of the room and went downstairs, to the kitchen where Jennie was.

As I sat on the counter's stool, I saw her pouring the batter on the pan. Her back was facing me, so she didn't notice that I was already awake.

"Happy Anniversary, baby." I greeted sleepily and smiled as I placed my head on my fists.

"Oh, you're awake." She giggles and walks towards my direction then leans on the counter that was between the two of us. She kissed me slowly that made me smile. Because her kiss is the best breakfast as well as the best anniversary gift I ever had. "Happy 5th, babe."

I patted the pocket of my sweatpants and felt the small box. I smiled again and watched Jennie place a plate infront of me as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked confusedly. I chuckled then stood up, running towards her and gave her a back hug.

"Ya, what are you doing?" She says holding my arms, pushing them away then turns around. I locked my arms around her again as she narrowed her eyes at me, trying to read what's on my mind.

"What exactly are you thinking, mister?" She says hitting my chest as I chuckled.

"I'm thinking of..." I paused and placed a gentle kiss on her lips that made he smile. "Something great."

"Sharing is caring, Y/N." She giggles and leaned her back at the counter as I slid my hands inside my pocket as I smirked. "Tell me what you're thinking of."

"You, as always," I chuckled as I smiled teasingly. She laughs but shakes her head from left to right.

"Nooo, there's something more than that." She says narrowing her eyes again. "What are you planning?"

I chuckled and kissed her forehead as I nodded at her.

"How could you just read my mind just like that?" I asked curiously with a small smirk.

"Five years of being with you means developing my skills on mind reading." She winks before we both bursted out laughing.

I stared at her for awhile, looking at her perfect features as questions flashed in my mind.

Am I sure she's the one?

What if I made a wrong decision?

Does she want to spend her whole life with me?

"What are you thinking?" She asks more aggressively as I smiled. I looked straight into her eyes.

And looking into those brown orbs, I saw my future with the girl infront of me.

With this hand, I will lift your burdens.

I promise to hold your hand every night and to never let us lose our spark.

Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine.

I promise to be here to wipe away the tears of sadness in your eyes.

With this candle, I will light your way in darkness.

Through thick and thin,

In health and sickness,