34

I never let a day finish without visiting the nursery with my dad and view Min-hyuk there. One time, I tried asking Jennie to go there with me but she just ignored me and left my room.

"Is she mad at me?" I asked her mom as she placed a bowl of soup on the table inside my room.

"Don't worry about her. She's just stressed about things," She gave a smile of assurance. "She's just shocked about you naming the baby all of a sudden."

"I feel like she's upset." I sighed. She shook her head and walked towards me, helping me to get off the bed and sit on the chair to eat.

"I'll go call her so you can eat together." She says tapping my shoulder.

"Thank you, Eommoni,"

After few minutes, Jennie entered the room with her mom while riding a wheel chair. Her stitch isn't healed yet so she still needs so be very careful and she is not advised to always walk.

"Hello, baby." I smiled and leaned across the table to give her forehead a soft kiss. She smiled at me sweetly and waited for her mom to finish preparing her food. "How are you? Are you okay?"

She nodded at me with a giggle. I'm glad she's smiling now. Yesterday, she wasn't really talking to me.

"I'll just go and get you guys something to drink, okay?" Her mom says. We both nodded and watched her go outside the room. When we were the two left, we stared at each other blankly. I wasn't thinking about anything but I just missed staring at her face for just nothing. She's still pretty and perfect as ever.

I chuckled when one of her eyebrows raised, throwing a 'what are you looking at?' look. "Nothing. You're just so pretty," A dark red blush creeped out on her cheeks that made me chuckle even louder but I stopped when I felt a stainless thing hit my forehead that made me groan and fall from my chair. "Ow!"

I covered the spot where it hit me as I heard a gasp from infront of me. Hmm, I wonder what she'll do if I prank her this time?

Until I felt a hand gripping my wrist, I didn't remove my hands away from my face but Jennie keeps pulling them away.

"Y-Y/N!"

My eyes widened and my hands fell onto my sides as I looked at her. My jaws dropped when I just heard her call my name but her eyes looked at me as if it wasn't new to her.

"Jen, you talked," I held her hand and smiled widely. "Baby, you talked! You called me!"

She stared at me blankly, and her face didn't show any expression. "Jennie,"

"Y/N," My jaws dropped on the floor as she called my name again. I missed her voice so much and now... oh god.

"Baby, you can talk," I said as we both sat on the floor. She shook her head like a kid, her eyes were closed, humming on every turn of her head. "What? But Jen, you just called my name."

"Oh what are you guys doing on the floor?" I heard her mom's voice that made me look up towards the door's direction. I quickly stood up and looked at her mom's eyes excitedly but she gave back a weird gaze. "What's happening?"

"Eommoni, Jennie called my name," I said amusedly. But then she started laughing that made me raise my eyebrows. Jennie pulled my hand, signalling me to help her stand up so I held her by the arms and her waist, helping her until she gets to sit on her wheel chair.

"She always calls your name, Y/N." Jennie smiles at me before eating her food.

"She does?" I asked confusedly. She nods and placed two water bottles on the table. One was near Jennie's plate and the other one was near mine.

"She's not afraid when she says your name. The doctor says that your name could be the only word Jennie's comfortable to say right now. But she'll improve." She whispers to my ear and it seems like Jennie didn't hear it. I smiled to myself knowing that she knows that she's always safe when she's with me.

"Jennie, I love you." I blurted out that made her almost choke on her food. I chuckled and kissed her forehead as she gave me a soft smile while tapping my shoulders.

Days passed, I was told that I could be discharged now and it made everything better. Jennie can say more words now than just my name. She can talk now but she still stutters and stops. She was happy that we're finally coming home and now, she wouldn't stop hugging me.

"Jen," I whispered against her strawberry scented hair while she was sitting on the edge of her bed, feet swinging happily as she hugged me tight, her head was resting on my chest. She hummed and looked up to me with a sweet smile. "I haven't opened this to you but about Min-hyuk,"

Her smile slowly faded, as she heard the unfamiliar name. But it seems like she knows now who that was. She stared at me blankly, her grip on my shirt loosens and her arms fell on the bed. Her feet stopped swinging and I took those as a negative response.

"I-I'm just wondering if we're taking him home with us?"

"Y/N," She called out and lowered her head. "I-I don't l-like him." She mumbled and it was almost unheard. I sighed and fixed her hair, leaving a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"But Jen, he's just a baby," I said and hugged her, trying to comfort her feelings. I didn't mean to make her sad. She didn't say anything and just shook her head against my chest. "Jennie, please don't hate him."

"H-He reminds m-me of h-his father!" She suddenly shouts and hits my chest that made me groan. Tears began filling her eyes that made me worry about her and panic. "A-All those d-disgusting things h-he did t-to me... Everyt-thing c-comes back w-when I see t-that child! W-Why can't you und-derstand m-me?"

"Jennie, it's not like that-"

She began sobbing against her palms that made me stop from what I was saying. I grabbed her wrists carefully and guided her hands on my shoulders as I hushed her.

"I'm sorry." I kissed her cheeks with those crystal clear tears that were falling to brush them away. "Okay, we're not taking him with us, please don't cry, baby."

"Y-You do-on't unders-stand me," She sniffed against my shirt. I could feel my shirt getting damp but I didn't mind. As long as she's this close to me. I caressed her hair and shook my head slowly, placing my chin on her head while inhaling her scent.

"I do. I will always understand you, Jennie. I'm sorry,"

Even though I wanted to take Min-hyuk home, I couldn't just do it because I don't want seeing Jennie hurt.