33

I woke up and things got a little bit better now. My vision improved every day after some procedures but all I could do is just distinguish colors but everything still seems like smoke to me.

And until now, I still don't have any idea of what happened. Dad and Mom would always tell me that I need to rest. Everytime I tell them I'm fine, they would always say that I am not.

But the feeling was different and suddenly, I felt light. It's like nothing hurts anymore, it's like I'm instantly fine. I took a deep breath before trying to move but suddenly I was stopped by something blocking my hands.

I looked towards the direction and a weird figure startled me. I couldn't see clear and I couldn't recognize her but I knew she was a girl. She was wearing the same hospital gown like mine, and her hair was long. I tried narrowing my eyes to see her but all I could distinguish was colors and then everything for me is smoke.

"Who are you?" I asked looking on our hands that was intertwined into each other. I didn't hear an answer and just stared at her blankly. Though she was standing, I could see a wheel chair just behind her.

I let my thumbs feel her fingers and they suddenly felt familiar. The softness of her touch, the way her fingers gripped mine, and how our hands fit perfectly like a missing puzzle piece.

As I counted and went to the fourth finger, I knew who she was when I felt a ring on it. I sighed in relief and lifted her hand slowly, bringing it to my lips.

"Jen?" I called out and placed a kiss on her hand and pulled her closer. "Babe?"

She hummed in response and that was the time I sat up and locked her between my arms as I sobbed onto her neck. I felt her become stiff for awhile but soon hugged me back, rubbing both of her hands on my back.

"I-I'm sorry, I couldn't save you." I cried and caressed her hair. She didn't say anything and that was unusual of her. But I didn't care for awhile. All I know that now, she's safe.

But still I'm wondering because I don't have any idea what happened to me after that night when I got in an accident.

"Jennie, can you tell me what happened? I-I'm confused," I told her. Then she suddenly pulls away and looks at me. I could see her eyes were looking at mine worriedly that made me more confused. Why isn't she talking?

"Ms. Jennie Kim? Oh- Mr. Yang, you're awake!" I heard someone talk as the door swings open. I kept my eyes at Jennie and saw her look at the door.

"Who's there, Jen?" I asked curiously.

"Good Evening, sir. I'm Ms. Kim's nurse, Trish." She says and I nodded. "I need to take her for her rest now, Sir. I will call the doctor right away,"

"Oh, okay. Rest well then, Jenjen." I smiled and I saw her lips form a small smile. I kissed her hand once again then she quickly leaned in to my face, giving my cheeks a quick and gentle kiss. "I love you."

As I watched the nurse take her out of the room by her wheel chair, I wondered what she was doing here. Is she sick too? Did Hanbin harm her?

I hope she's okay. Because I might kill if I knew he hurted Jennie.

As I heard the door open again, I sat up and carefully looked at the door. I saw two figures entering and one was wearing a hat. I knew it was my father. I could see the other wearing a long white coat while walking towards me.