38

I woke up to the sound of loud crying that made me flinch on the bed. I kicked my blanket off and took the baby bottle from the bedside table.

"Shh," I carried him and stuck the bottle on his mouth and he quickly stopped crying. It was on the middle of the night but how he cutely sucks milk from the little bottle. "I guess you've been stressing your grandparents like this for four months now."

I heard the blankets move that made me look behind and I saw Jennie watching me sleepily. She cutely rubbed her eyes then went back to sleep again.

"You look exactly like each other." I mumbled and kissed his cheeks.

I woke up to the feeling of a heavy something on my chest. I opened my eyes and saw Jennie sleeping soundly, with her head placed on my chest. I placed a kiss on her forehead and pulled her closer.

"Good morning," I heard her mumble that made me smile. She glanced upwards and opened an eye, then smiled at me afterwards.

"Good morning, baby." I kissed her nose and closed my eyes again as we cuddled.

*WUAAAAAAAAH*

My eyes shot open as I heard a loud cry from the Min-hyuk's crib. I tried standing up but Jennie's hold kept me in place and stopped me from moving.

"Jennie, Min-hyuk's crying." I whispered but she kicked and whined like a kid that surprised me with her sudden actions.

"B-But-"

I stood up and pushed her arms away as I ran towards the crib. I tried giving him his milk but he kept crying out loud.

"W-What's wrong?" I asked as I start panicking. My insides were shaking not knowing what to do.

"Y-Y/N, make him s-stop." Jennie stammers that made me look at her. Tears were filling her eyes while her hands were covering her ears that made me panic much more. What the fuck is happening?

"Shit," I hissed and suddenly an idea popped out of my head. I took a peek on his diaper then suddenly a stinky smell lingered my nose. "Gotcha,"

I quickly cleaned him and removed his diapers away then ran towards Jennie who was still crying and when I touched her, she suddenly flinched as she opened her eyes.

"Babe, are you okay?" I asked worriedly. Her hands were shaking as she looked at me with her puffy eyes. "Jennie-"

She interrupted my words by jumping onto me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I held her tight and tried to comfort her as she cried, digging her face onto the crook of my neck.

"Did you see him? Again?" I asked gently. I felt her nod as she gripped my shirt and cried louder.

"H-He was t-there... I s-saw him..." She sobs onto my shirt and I hissed.

Look at what you did to her, Hanbin. Are you happy now?

"H-He's gonna hurt me, a-and he told me h-he's g-gonna kill you..." She sobbed much louder. I sighed and caressed her hair softly as I told her not to cry,

"He would never do that. I'll protect you, okay? I'll protect you Jennie."

After she calmed down, I tucked her inside the blankets again and let her sleep so she could rest. I smiled and kissed her forehead as she sniffed and looked at me.

"Y-You're not gonna leave, right?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I'm not going anywhere, babe." I said and she nodded. I let her head rest on my arm as I hugged her tight. "I love you, Jennie."

"I love you too."

I looked at her as she slowly closed her eyes while her hands were still gripping on my shirt, making sure I wasn't going anywhere. I smiled and admired her face that was red from the sudden breakdown. That's when I knew she still wasn't okay. She hasn't still recovered and overcome her trauma.

After some time, her hands slowly loosened its hold on my shirt that made me know she was already sleeping. We just woke up and now she's asleep again.

I slowly stood up, making sure she won't wake up. After I checked on Min-hyuk, I went straight to the kitchen and took out the meat from the fridge. While I was busy cutting the meat, I turned on the music on my phone so it won't sound gloomy here in the kitchen.

"Arf!" I looked down to my feet and saw Kuma and Geon looking at me as if they were asking for food.

"Oh, did Jennie forget to feed you last night?" I chuckled and opened the cabinet under the sink. I took two scoops on the sack of dog food, pouring it on the bowls. The two puppies wagged their tails happily ate their food. "You're welcome."

As I went back to preparing the food for lunch, I couldn't get Jennie out of my head. I'm worried that she might be back to the situation where she dreams of it every night. I don't want to see her crying again, telling me that she keeps seeing Hanbin's figure infront of her, telling her that he's gonna hurt Jennie or kill me. It hurts me so much seeing Jennie like that.

The knife I was holding suddenly fell on the floor when I heard a loud scream from inside the bedroom. J-Jennie!

I quickly ran towards the room and my jaws immediately dropped when I saw Jennie, crying and screaming as if she was scared of something. Her left hand was on her left ear, covering them as if she doesn't want to hear any sound.

And as I looked at her right hand, my world almost fell apart seeing her hold a sharp cutter, pointing it to Min-hyuk's crib. The child was crying with her, and I got confused.

Suddenly, she raised the cutter up high and aimed it downwards... to Min-hyuk.

"Jen, no!"