MEERA KAPOOR

Jaffrabad, Delhi :

Ms. Rosy pulled her hair in frustration, the kids standing around her and demanding the differnt types of candy. She looked at the wall clock for the 10th time.

' god where is she?? ' she thought and take the  Hershey bar from the basket before handing it to a kid.

The door clicked open , rosy sighed relief and narrowed her eyes.
The girl at the door apologised softly and hold her ears.

Rosy smiled and motion her to the room.

The girl quickly runs into the room and changed into her uniform.

" meera Didi "  kids chirped as meera walk to the counter.

Meera passed a small smile to The parents sitting on the chair as they smiled back.

A kid pulled her skirt to take the Butterfinger on her right side. Meera smiled and get the candy. Soon the shop filled with kids from various school . Meera was running here and there to get them candy.

It was almost 8 clock when everything finished, since the candy shop is near the schools in the area, kids will bring their parents to the shop to get them candy.

" meera I think you should leave now. The road is not safe, I heard a guy misbehaved with a girl in the  next steet, thank god some men were there, they helped the girl. " Ms rosy said worryingly.

" it's okay, Rosy I'll take care of myself. I guess everything is done. I cleaned the shop already. I'll get changed and leave. " meera changed into her black jeans and white T-shirt, she was about to take her coat when someone jumped on her.

" Ohh god leeza how many times should I tell you to stop jumping on me like a monkey. I promise I will take you to the forest to meet your parents , please don't jump on me. " meera said pushing leeza.

" oh my you started again. BTW didn't I asked you to stay in the house after the collage, then what are you doing here young lady? " rosy crossed her arms against the chest.

" uff aunty, chillax... I remember what you said ,but I couldn't stop myself after I got this magazine. " Meera's brows knit together, when she noticed the cover page of the magazine. She removed her gaze from the magazine and looked at rosy . Rosy facepalmed when she saw the picture of HAIDER ALI KHAN.  Her niece is crazy about him, she knew. She also wants to continue her studies in the states.

Pinching the bridge of her nose, " I guess I should take a leave. " meera said, but leeza holds her wrist.

" oh god, you can't run away just like that girl. I know you are not interested in him, but just look at him, his sharp features, his skin tone those muscles he hid behind his coat. I won't mind to lick him all the day, he looks so yummy.... " rosy slapped her head,

" mind you little girl. I'm still here. "

" come on aunt, you can drool over him. I don't mind. " leeza winked.

" damn I forgot to give you something... Wait... " rosy said to meera before walking to the counter, taking an envelope in her hand she gave it to meera.

" a job offer for you. I was talking about you to mother gracy, her nephew running a multinational company. So she offered you a job. Trust me it's an amazing offer, please take it. Besides what you will get working in a candy shop. "

" peace... " meera said calmly. " happiness, seeing the kids running around me for candies and their love for me. I'm happy. I'm happy what I'm doing. And I don't work here for money, besides you know my opinion about these rich people. Mother gracy is an amazing woman, I love her. But I can't accept this offer. I'm sorry. " "

" it's okay. "  rosy sighs and looked at the wall clock,

" you should leave, it's getting late.  should I drop you at the bus stop. "

" no it's okay, I'll manage. I'll see you on Monday rosy. Bye leeza. " meera said as she steps out of the candy shop.

" bye meera " leeza yelled from inside.

The smile on her face vanished once she stepped out the shop, taking the headphone, she played the music and started walking to the bus stop.

Suddenly a guy ran to her,

' hi... ' he said breathlessly as she looks at the guy from head to toe.

' Fuck off . ' meera said in a bored tone,  her eyes went straight to the boy's face as he sucked his breath.

" I... " he started.

" love me?? Oh roses. " she brutally takes the roses from his hand and throw it on the road.

" got your answer. Now get lost. "  she said walking past to him.

She's frozen when crossed the
Branch of the magazine who took an interview of haider Ali Khan, she heavily sighed but brought an edition for herself and hid it in her handbag.

***

" hey dad " meera hugged her father .

" are you exhausted, I made aloo matar. " he said caressing her cheek.

" you are so good dad. Love you. Give me a few minutes, I'll join you at the table. "

" sure " he kissed top of her head.

***

Meera retired to her room after the dinner , she put her mobile in charge and put her clothes into the basket before walking to her bed. Her eyes caught the magazines peeking out from her handbag.

Tears pricked at her eyes as she saw the kissing picture of haider and famous model zina. In The next picture he was with an unknown girl, she was looking pretty. There were 10 pictures of haider with different girls, they titled him as the biggest playboy of this century.

' he is.... ' she thought.

' he didn't change a bit, from head to toe this man is full of lies. " she wanted to cry out louder.

' no, I won't waste my tears on him... Not anymore.. He's a man whore.. Those words never meant for him ... " she blinked her tears and throw the magazine into the box,  a sigh escaped from her lips as she looked at the magazine, newspapers she had collected.

' I am not bringing anything related to him.... ' she clenched her fist and punched in the wall. Blood started running  from her knuckles, but she cares less. Without bandaging her wounds, she dims the light and climb on the bed.