chapter 29

Meera splashed water on her face and rubbed her cheek. It still sting with the slap. She didn't know how strong avanti is till the hard slap ended on her cheek. More than her cheek it's her heart throbing with pain. What avanti said about haider shaken her. Was she wrong to judge him.

But she had seen in her eyes. The scene is still fresh in her memory , it's true she didn't wait for his explanation. But it wasn't needed!

Their laughter, the way they talked about the bet ...everything was crystle clear or may be she's missing some part.

It's been a month since haider found her and he's nothing but cool with her. Her words coated with venom yet he took everything with a smile. He's not the haider she knew, yes he was different with her yet dominance and arrogance was in his DNA. This haider looks like a king losing his battle yet wants to fight till he get succeed or.... She shakes her head to stop unwanted thoughts.

Were they playing with me?? With my emotions again. They are his friends after all. They can lie for him right!

She is thankful to sid offered to stay with haider. At least she could get enough time to think about the situation.

On the other hand haider clueless about her expression. There is no doubt she was crying, but why?? Is it because of the slap or something else?

" haider are you listening " sid asked.

" Huh yeah yeah "

" tell me what I was saying " he folded arms against his chest and waiting for his answer.

" okay sorry. Tell me what were you saying " haider asked.

" thinking about meera right " haider smiled ,

" that obvious "

" of course you should have seen your face " haider laughed.

" by the way she looks different " he can only nod in agreement. He knew his baby girl changed... He's afraid he will ever bring her old self back.

" kuch baatein hui "

" hmm don't worry man she will be back to her old self soon. "

" hopefully "

" by the way she will be there to help avanti in the wedding. I'm just surprised how she find it out. " that's when haider looked up at him.

He knew he never talked about sid's marriage and avanti was in front of him till she leave. There is no way sid talked about it. Then who said it to her??

He remember the time when she talked about the women he had sex with.... Obviously it's just a one night stand. Yet she knew everything. How??

Was she stalking him all the time??

-----

Meera was running in the hospital like a mad woman. She got the call from the hospital her dad admitted At 11pm. She quickly changed her dress and took a cab and reach there.

For each step she take , her heart pounding hard . She remember when the doctor said there can be side effects of the operation.

She prayed silently that her dad is fine.

Meera breathed relief looking at her dad sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. The doctor treated her doctor walk into the room with a nurse following.

" hello meera "

" hello doctor, is my father is alright. Is there any side effects because of the operation "

"hold on , what are you talking about. And why you looks so tensed? "

" I.. Mi just got a call from the hospital."

The doctor laughed,

"  you was worried and didn't hear what they were saying am I right. "

" yes, but... "

" nothing happening to your father. Actually the receptionist called you to let you know that your bills... "
.
" I'll pay it soon. I'll get my salary check in next week "

" can I talk now? " the doctor chukled.

" well we called you to let you know that your bills are paid. "

" what " she almost yelled,

" shush... Meera you are in a hospital "

" I'm sorry . But I didn't pay the bills "

" I know you didn't but someone paid for you"

" Who? "

"sorry meera but we can't disclose the information without asking him "

" He paid my father's bill. At least I should thank him properly. Please. "

" I'm sorry meera. I wish I could help you. But I can't, I can't reveal someone's information without asking them. He may helped you but we can't let you know about him unless he wants. I'm sorry " the doctor said and checked her father before walking out of the room .