CH. 02

feedbacks and vote would be highly appreciated ❤

▪▪▪

TWO: princess

After class, Chaemin went home excitedly to read the diary. On her way, she heard a street fortune teller whistling to her. Of course she's been taught well, knowing she can't talk to strangers.

"Hey kid, what's that on your bag?" she stopped her tracks.

"Yah! Don't ignore an old woman, child." Chaemin gulped, fastened her pace until she lost sight of the fortune teller. She looked behind, and suddenly bumped her head on a shade of red—pencil skirt that was wore elegantly on the woman she had met before.

"A-ah! It's you again?" Chaenin said, the lady from the museum was looking fancier than ever today.

"Be a good girl and come with me." she said.

"I'm sorry, but I have to be home by five. And I don't go with strangers."

"I already called your teacher and caretaker. I know you absolutely want to know the insides of Chaeyoung's notebook."

Her eyes widen, "ok ok, first of all— how do you even know my address, and that I am an orphan and where school I go to. Lady, don't freak me out. And how come you know about that notebook?"

"Silly girl, I put it there. When we first met in the museum, I see you being interested in her story. In her real story. No one really believed her besides the people who has access on her diary. So I pretended to approach you and bumped you so I can put it on your bag."

"Hey lady I'm not into mystery things involved but—why me? I'm barely processing all the things you said for an eleven year old like me."

"You're smart enough to figure it out someday. Come, I'll tell you the story."

"Convince me that you're not a kidnapper." Chaemin said.

The woman opened her purse and flashed her an ID.

Dr. Kim,
Neosurgeon.
Heart of Myeondam Hospital

Chaemin's mouth was shaped into a, 'whoah' and had her jaw drop.

Once her curiosity won again, she followed the woman to a mansion. It was huge, a structure like a mini palace.

Kim gave Chaemin a hot choco with marshmallows, a cookie and borrowed her a pair of pajama.

"Wait I'm sleeping here? What if you're a witch that looks beautiful but actually eats children, or worse, sweet-poison them!" the woman chuckled, pat Chaemin's soft curls.

"Don't worry child, I'm no witch that eats children. I'm just a story-teller."

Chaemin sat on the carpert, took out the notebook and gave it to the woman. The fireplace gave her a warm feeling while eating the cookies.