CH. 07

SEVEN: numb

SEVEN: numb

They both sat on the patio near her grave while eating cookies that Rose got from her bag.

"Do you want some milk with that? It's good with milk." Rose said, carrying out her bottle of milk on her bag and opened her tumblr's lid.

"What is that thing, ugh." He groaned, looking a bit disgusted yet curious as he glares the tumblr.

"It's milk, stupid. Cookies and milk are meant to be together, so you should try it." Jungkook forcely dip his cookie and took a bite, slowly chewing it. Rose watched him eat the cookie with his eyes closed and his eyebrows furrowed, but after finally tasting it, he grabbed another cookie and dipped it whole.

"Turns out you do like milk. Ah, I know what to call you... The bunny prince!"

"Shut up." he demanded, that caused Rose to hide her laughter.

While eating cookies together, Rose grabbed the opportunity to ask Jungkook what happened to Roseanne. He sighed for a second and told her the story.

"She was my lover. The only person who accepted me as a whole. She was literally an angel sent for me. And I, I'm the son of the devil. We're the opposites, and that makes the world imbalance. Someone so pure and sweet like her didn't deserve someone like me, but somehow I didn't think she would love me, just as much as how I love her. Then eventually things got through us, I almost gave up but she didn't. She said, 'no matter how much our love is impossible, I will never stop fighting for my feelings.' And that made me love her more."

"How did she die?" He went silent for a minute, Rose clearing her throat, "I'm sorry for asking—"

"Suicide." She blinked twice.

Rose's POV

I don't get it why you're telling me all this. I hated you, and you hated me. I want you to stay away from me, yet you look so lonely in your eyes that I can't say no coming with you. You ruined my relationship with Taehyung, but at the same time I pity you. I get it why you're like this, why cruel and mean sometimes you are. But sometimes, you're just like a normal human with feelings. Feelings of a broken hearted man.

Roseanne must be a beautiful person. And she must have red hair like me too. But why did she commit suicide? I don't... I don't understand.

It's funny, though. There's this nostalgia feeling I get just by hearing that story. It's like I've heard of it before, I just don't know when.

"I think I know that story." I mumbled, placing away the cookies.

"Really? So we're basing real life stories from tales made from your people? All the lies and rumors that made our image look bad?"

"No, it's the same as yours."

"Never believe those fools in Myeondam." he stood up, looking very serious.