Eleven:- Whoa

~Justin's point of view~

This she just say those words? Am I really dreaming or just hearing words of a nightmare? Married? An arranged marriage? Is she really aware of the words that she said?

I shot up from the couch. "You're lying!!!! You can't force me to marry someone else whom I barely know!!!" I shouted in anger. I glance to see Darielle calmly making the tea like she isn't aware of this situation.

My mom sighed and stood up with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry honey but I did this to protect you." She said. I groaned. "Mom! I don't wanna be weak in front of everyone!!! I know you want to protect me but not like this." 

She sighed and tightly shut her eyes before opening them. "I'm tired of seeing you come back home with bruises and a sad aura! I just want my baby back! The cheerful one and smiley baby!" She exclaimed.

I gritted my teeth. "I could still be that kid!" My mom interrupted me. "Then, where is he!?" She shouted with tears streaming down her face. My heart cracked at the sight.

I was too speechless. "Justin . . . please . . ." Mom pleaded in a whisper. I shook my head; still can't handle the pressure that has been pushed on my shoulders.

"It's too hard for me to accept." Was the last thing I said before running upstairs to my room. 

= = = = = = = = = =

I glanced at the clock . . . 9.30 p.m. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Why is my life getting worse by the minute? Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door.

"I'm not talking to you right now, mom!" I exclaimed. "She's asleep. Open the door." I sighed and walked over to open it. Darielle just walked in.

I sighed heavily. "Sure. Just walk right in!" I said ironically. I close the door and sat on the bed as she sat on the chair near my study table. "Look, if my mom sent you here to convince me, I'm not saying a word." I turned my head away.

I heard her chuckle. I looked up at her. "What's so funny?" I asked. She shook her head and crossed her legs as she stared out the window. "Nothing." I looked at her weirdly before shaking my head and groan.

"No offence but I don't want to be married to you. I mean, I barely know you. All I know is that you swoop in from nowhere and save me." I said. She didn't say a word but I just kept going.

"As much as I need this, this is just too much for me." I moaned. Darielle huffed before speaking, "Want me to tell you a story?" I cocked my eyebrow at her words.

"That's nice, Darielle but I'm in no mood for a-." She interrupted me. "Here it goes." I sighed and stuffed my face in my hands. "There was a couple who just had their newborn baby. It was a girl." She started making me slowly turn and listen.

"The baby girl was healthy and the couple was happy. Soon, when she was a few months old, the couple wanted to have a family vacation. So, they bought the tickets and when it comes to board the plane; they got in." I was starting to wonder, why is she telling me this?

I stared at her. She looked . . . dazed. "The plane took off and up they go; flying high in the sky. The couple were excited on their first vacation together with their new member." She scoffed a smile as she looked down.

"Suddenly, the captain spoke, telling that a storm is coming in. Before they knew it, the plane started to shake vigorously. The couple stayed together as they wrapped their arms protectively around the baby girl as she cries; not knowing the situation." She slightly frowned.

"Then, everything went black for moments." She sighed and daze straight on. "Few hours later, it appears that the plane crashed in the middle of a field. The passengers were either passed out or . . . dead."

"They were a couple of survivors and one of them was the baby girl who was crying . . . crying for her parents. . ." She trailed. "W-Where are they?" I asked.

She scoffed a small sad smile. "It was a hard crash and they couldn't handle it." She said; not wanting to make eye contact. I frowned feeling sorry for the couple.

"However, the baby girl survived and that's what the couple would want. She has just came into the world and it would be a waste if it took a short visit. Soon, she has been taken care of in a hospital and when she was 2 years old; they sent her to an orphanage and lived there for 5 years."

Poor girl. "When she was 7, a rich couple came and adopted the girl. They took care of her 'til she was 13. She wanted to live on her own and earn on her own and her step-parents didn't have any problem with it. They were proud at how independent she was. So, they gave her a credit card in case for any emergencies but she knew she wouldn't use that anytime soon but took it anyway." 

"She's still around after 5 years and is living here in Stratford, Ontario. She even goes to one of the schools here." Darielle said. I raised my eyebrow up. "There's only 2 schools here that I know." I said.

She sighed and slowly got up. "She's in one of them." She answered as she headed for the door. "So, she's 18 now?" I asked, curiously. She exhaled heavily. "Yes."

She opened the door and took a step forward but I stopped her by asking. "What's her name?!" She froze and her shoulders stopped moving meaning her breath hitched.

"It's better if you figure out yourself." She said without making any eye contact. I stood up. "But, I really wanna know her name so, that I could . . . you know . . . talk to her." I rubbed my arm shyly.

She inhaled slowly and then, breathed out, "You really wanna know her name?" She questioned. I nodded rapidly but silly me forgot that she didn't saw me. "Yeah."

She sighed. "After I tell you the name, don't ask me any questions." I bit my lip but then agreed. She inhaled and then . . . . . 

"Her name . . . is Darielle Mariana Jones."