Thirty-Three:- Heartache

~Justin's point of view~

-Last day of cruise-

A sigh escaped through my mouth as I stretched in my bed. I reached over to grab my phone. I unlocked it to see that it was already 8.00 a.m. I rubbed my face and placed my phone back on the dressing table. I turned to see Darielle still sleeping. She looked so peaceful and innocent. A smile spread across my lips.

       I lay on my side as I leaned on my arm. I twirled her soft waves with my fingers. I couldn’t believe that a nerd and a dork like me could actually be in a situation with Darielle Jones. I’m far out of her league

       My eyes trailed over her beautiful face. The more she’s with me, the more I love her—also; the more I love her, the more I feel protective of her. I know I’m not strong and I have a low chance of beating the crap out of guys like David; I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make sure no one takes her away from me or hurt her. I’ve finally know how it feels to love someone and they actually love you back. I don’t wanna lose that.

       She was like me. I lost my dad and he died in front of my eyes. As for Darielle, she lost both in a plane crash when she was baby and she never even got the chance to speak to them. She’s a strong girl and I salute her for that. She’s different from everyone. There’s a reason she’s a secluded person. It’s rare for her to have a normal conversation with people. I’m surprised she actually wants my attention.

       Although, it makes me wonder; how did she go through her life before this? It pains me to know that she lost her family in just a short period of time. Yet, I wonder if she has any relatives. As my mind wanders, I felt a cold, soft hand cupping my cheek and pulling my head to turn.

       My eyes landed on Darielle who had already woken up as she stared up at me with a small smile on her lips. I did the same. “Morning.” Her voice came out raspy like every morning. I scooted closer to her and wrapped my arms around her. “Morning.”

       “Well, someone’s early for the last day of cruise.”

        I shrugged and played with her hair. “Not really.” She looked at me with a questioningly look. “Why’s that?” I pursed my lips as I drew circles at her lower back portion. “I want spend more time with you.” I whispered as I stared into her eyes. She looked at me for a while before leaning and pecking my jaw multiple times in comfort.

       “And we will. This is our senior year and there are so many things we can do.” She said. I bit my lip and thought that she was right. “Yeah but, I doubt they would let the dork and nerd of the school joining in their senior activities.” I told as my expression saddened. Darielle sighed before wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling herself to me. So, as my body faced forward; her front body was against my side.

       With my arms wrapped around her, I drew invisible circles on her bare hip. I didn’t look at her as I was a little upset. “Babe,” She cooed, which made my heart flutter. “I never said it involves the school’s activities. They’re all just cliché little stuff.”

       I slightly turned my head to her. “We’re gonna do our own plans. Just the two of us.” She assured as she nibbled on my earlobe. My body tensed up. “Really?” I asked with a hint of hope like a child. I saw her eyes were filled in adoration. “Anything for my prince.” She said as she kissed my cheek.

~+~+~+~+~

       I watched as the ship’s crew helped us all with our luggage and placed them out. We were assembled at the front of the ship. The teachers were saying what they need to say. I wasn’t listening. I just enjoyed Darielle’s warmth as she was in front of me with my arms wrapped around her.

       We were at the back of the crowd. It’s a win-win situation for us since I’m not welcomed much in their space and Darielle doesn’t like people. Except for my mom and I. “Alright seniors! I thank you for coming aboard on this cruise. We hope that you had a fun time here and made great memories.” As the captain said his speech, there were some of the seniors whispering as they turned around to look at us.

       They kept giving this judgmental expression on their faces. I felt like I wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out. Darielle seemed to have noticed my discomfort and turned around in my arms to face me. “Did I ever tell you how handsome you are?” She asked with a grin. I looked down at her in confusion.

       “Why would you ask that?” I questioned. I watched as her face turned solemn. “Ignore them, Justin.” She whispered as she leaned up and brushed her lips against mine. “Ignore who?” I played dumb. “You know who and just enjoy our time while it lasts.” She whispered as she pecked my nose. I sighed. “I can’t.” I croaked. Her eyebrows furrowed in sadness.

       She placed her hand on my cheek as I nuzzled against it. “I-I’ve changed my l-looks and style . . . t-they still judge me.” I sniffled as tears built up in my eyes.

       “I mean . . . is it bad f-for me to t-try something new?” I sniffled as my tears rolled down my cheeks. I didn’t care whether anyone saw or not. “I-I should have went back to the geeky look. Maybe then I won’t feel like shit.” I spat in anger as I tightened my grip around Darielle’s waist. I rested my forehead onto her shoulder and cried.

       I sobbed hard on her shoulder and I’m glad Darielle didn’t weird out or push me away. I appreciate her for that. “I-I bet t-that you w-would go for D-David rather than a-a nerd l-like me.” I sobbed. “I-I sometimes t-think you only stayed with me l-like I’m some sort of charity case.” I guess my words seemed to bother her because I could feel her body tensed up.

       Her arms loosened their grip around me causing me to furrow my eyebrows. She moved away from me as she kept her head down making her hair like a curtain. She slipped through my fingertips as I watched her like a quivering puppy. “D-Darielle?” She was scaring me by her small actions. That’s when she lifted her head up.

       My breath hitched as my heart ached at the sight. “P-Princess . . .” I whimpered. There she stood. Darielle Jones; the most envied and feared girl known; standing in front of me with tears cascading down her cheeks.

       “How dare you underestimate my love for you?” With that, she walked away from the area . . . and me.

==========

Yesh! I updated this chapter yesterday and today this story is born!

Hope you guys like it :)

Tomorrow I'm off with my family and 4 other families on a vacation.

Follow, Vote, Comment & Shout out.