Thirty-Five:- Hope

~Justin’s point of view~

I watched as the last few seniors got off the bus leaving just me and Darielle. I’m glad we were the last ones because I would end up tripping on feet that would be put out just for me to. I looked down at my watch to see that it was 6.24 p.m. I sighed and turned my head to look at Darielle who was sound asleep with her head on my shoulder.

       A smile spread across my lips at how beautiful she looked even when she’s unconscious. I never thought a nerd like me would end up with a beauty like her. It’s a little overwhelming. I didn’t realize I was staring for a long time until she shocked me by speaking.

       “Usually it’s creepy to watch someone sleep.” She was now sitting upright while looking at me with a small smirk. I felt a little bit of warmness rushing up to my cheeks. “Uh . . . Umm, s-sorry.” I stammered. She gave me a half-smile before looking down at her lap. I bit my lip as I mentally cursed at myself at how much of a creep I was. I always get into situations like this; I always end up getting caught for staring or saying something without knowing. It’s embarrassing really. Luckily, Darielle didn’t make fun of it.

       I glanced at Darielle who was staring out the window. I bit my lip before opening my mouth. “Hey, umm . . . I’ve been wondering i-in my mind.” I spoke softly as she turned around to meet my eyes. “Where do you live?” I asked. It seemed to have taken her aback a bit but the expression was gone as quick as it came.

       “Why so curious?” She asked as she tilted her head with a little twinkle in her eyes. I grew a bit nervous for asking her that. “U-Umm . . . since we’re g-going to be together soon so . . . why not know where you live?” I told her as I noticed that we’re already in my neighborhood. “So you’re implying that I should tell you where I live since we’re going to be husband and wife?” She gave me a look of amusement.

       My eyes grew wide and I my heart started racing. Technically, it was true but the way she said it got me shy. The thought of us sharing everything made me nervous and a little shy. She realized that I didn’t say anything so she decided to speak. “You want to know?” I looked at her and nodded.

       She rummaged in her backpack while I curiously tried to peek inside. Finally, she pulled out a small piece of paper and handed it to me. I looked at her questioning. I asked where her place was and she gave a piece of paper. What? “I’ve been saving this for a while now for you.” I hesitantly took it from her.

       “Open it when the bus leaves after dropping you off.” She gave me a small smile. I began to wonder but kept the questions in my mind. “Okay.” I whispered. “Justin?” I turned to her as she wrapped her arms around my arm hugging it. I leaned in her side in response. “Do you believe in hope?” She randomly asked. I looked at her and bit my lip. What’s with this all of a sudden?

       I swallowed and answered her. “Umm . . . a little. Why?” I asked. She shrugged. “I’ve never had hope in my life. I’ve been alone in this world for a long time and I’m used to being independent. I’m always the lone wolf.” She spoke making my heart wrenched. Usually if I would tell something as sad as hers, I would break down right there and then.

       How is she so strong? “But Justin,” I looked at her. “Ever since I saw you and got to be with you, I know what hope is like now.” I felt my cheeks grew warm. Crap.

       “Justin Bieber. You are my hope.”

~+~+~+~+~

       I watched as the bus drove off with Darielle inside being the last senior to be sending off. To be honest, I wanted to stay by her side until she’s back to her place safely. I sighed once the bus was out of sight and I turned to face my home which I dearly missed.

       I unlocked the door to find the television playing a movie. It was the familiar ‘Titanic’. It was and still is my mom’s favorite movie. Speaking of my mom, she appeared from the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn in her hands with a can of coke. Once she looked up, her face lit up in excitement and happiness. Tears filled her eyes as she placed the popcorn and coke on the island before running into my arms.

       She hugged me tight like any mother would when they missed their child. “You’re home.” Her voice muffled against my chest. I smiled as I hugged her tight in return.

       After a moment of hugging, she pulled away from the hug and stood back to analyze me. She eyed me from head to toe which made me a little anxious since after she sent me off, I was in simple clothing and when I came home, I’m in those trendy clothes. I hope she doesn’t freak out.

      Instead, she smiled approving of my new look. “You look handsome, honey.” I felt relieved after she said that. I smiled at her. “Thanks mom.” I glanced at the clock to see that it was late and I was really tired. I yawned as I stretched making my back crack and pop. “Mom, I’m going back to shower and sleep. See you in the morning.” I told her sleepily. She nodded before kissing my cheek.

       I went upstairs with my luggage. I opened the door to my room and I swear I felt happy. I have to admit I had a case of nostalgia. I carelessly threw my luggage on the floor; not caring whether I would trip over it in the morning. All I wanted was to lay in the soft sheets of my bed. Once I landed on it, a sigh escape through my lips. Gosh, how I missed home so much.

       I ran my hand through my hair as I stared up at my ceiling. I can finally think in peace. So many had happened on that cruise and when Darielle and I confessed our love I swear I felt butterflies from my stomach to every inch of my body.

       Thinking of her, the words she said to me on the bus roam in my mind.

       ‘You are my hope.’ Even with those words and her voice echoing in my head, she still can make me blush. Hope . . . Such a simple yet strong word. Without hope, you won’t have any confidence in yourself. You won’t be able to achieve anything. Hope is a necessity and I’m Darielle’s necessity. She needs me. I need her. As cliché as it seems.

       I sighed as a grin made its way to my lips. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Darielle . . . she is my hope now.

==============

I updated! Hope you like this one. It's kind of boring to me. I was tired.

Anyways, there will be another update tomorrow! YASSS!

Follow,  Vote, Comment & Shout out.