Forty-Six:- "Observant, aren't ya?"

~Justin’s point of view~

School was over and I was leaning against the wall that was beside door to Darielle’s Chemistry class. My hands were stuffed inside my pockets whilst I was staring straight ahead with my mind wandering. Today my mind was all about Darielle, I’m concerned for her yet I’m also rooting for her to face her family. Sigh . . . then why do I feel so worried?

       The sound of the door being pushed opened snapped me out from my thoughts. I watched as a few students from the Chemistry class hurried out from the class. My eyes searched for the familiar dark haired girl. Then when I saw her almost walking past me, I instantly reached out and grabbed her by her elbow and pulled her to me with her back against my chest. I guess my actions surprised her. She lifted her head to look up to find me glowering down at her with a solemn smile on my lips and my eyes staring into hers with adoration.

       “Oh hello, Justin.” She greeted with a smile as her eyes were filled with happiness. I was glad that she felt that way like I did whenever I laid my eyes on her. “Hi, Dari.”

       My arms were wrapped around her waist as she turns around in my arms. She rested her hands on my chest as she leaned up for a kiss. I leaned down and our lips met. My arms pushed her up and closer to me. We pulled away when the sound of the door was closed. I pushed myself off the wall as I repositioned us. My arm was wrapped around her waist as she did the same with me and walked away.

       We stopped in front of her locker so she could take out the stuff she needs. After she was done, we made our way out from the school and walked back to my house.

       On our way back home, we didn’t talk at all. We didn’t even hold hands. Mine were stuffed in my pockets whilst she held her books against her chest. There was nothing but the sounds around us. I really wanna have a conversation with her but there’s nothing else in my mind except about Darielle going to the Bahamas. It sounds like she’s going on a vacation but she doesn’t exactly seem like the type to go on one.

       “Are we seriously going to have an awkward silence as we walk for 30 minutes?” Her voice spoke causing to startle me a little. I cleared my throat as I took out my hands and rubbed them against the sides of my trousers. I sighed and turned my head to look at her. “Sorry, I just have nothing on my mind except the fact that you’re going back there.” I admitted.

       She lightly chuckled and leaned her head to the side. “I knew you would be.”

       I bit my lip at her response. She’s really a smart person. She knows what the other individual would do or say without them showing or saying anything. She’s like a predictor; she can tell by just hearing or looking at anyone. How did I manage to be with this girl? That amazes me, really.

       I cleared my throat and let out a dry chuckle. “You seem to know whatever I think of.” From the corner of my eye, she looked taken aback by my words. Why would she? “How is that?” I questioned curiously. She had a blank expression at first until a solemn smile was expressed from her face. “You are an observant one, aren’t ya?” She spoke softly. I just kept quiet. It was no-shocker to me that she was definitely a furtive person. The fact that I thought she had no one else in this world and suddenly, she tells me she has a family in the Bahamas that contacts her to tell her she has a neglected duty that even she has no clue about. That’s what’s going on in my brain right now.

       “Well, somehow, I was really matured at a young age of eight. As the times go by, I had studied a lot, read many books and I was offered to skip a grade but I said I didn’t want to be treated like I was some sort of special smart kid.” She scoffed like it was a funny joke. “I wanted to just be treated like any teen that was in the same grade and age as me.”

        She just wanted to be normal and not be known as the special elite student.

       She let out a dry chuckle as she stared ahead. “In the end, I ended up being known as Danger Darielle. I guess I can’t hide my ‘uninterested in anyone’ trait but I’ve come to live with it. I don’t have to bother myself with that, now that I’ve got you, Justin.” I hadn’t realize that my footsteps had became slower when Darielle was walking ahead of me with me walking slowly behind as I studied her from behind.

       Somehow, as she was telling all that, her eyes looked empty as though she couldn’t see anything. Even though she was talking to me, it was as if she wasn’t. She was distant just now and that was the first time I’ve ever seen her like that. She looked like she was drowned inside a pool of darkness.

       “Oh look,” she spoke and I looked to see that we were in front of my house, “we’re already here. Let’s get inside.” My feet dragged me to follow Darielle into the house. I closed the door and watched as she placed her books and bag on the couch before heading into the kitchen. “I’m going to cook us a meal. I’m hungry and today’s school lunch was not satisfying.” I didn’t really focus on what she was doing right now.

       Now my mind was clouded by the questions about Darielle. What really happened behind her story when she was with her family? The image of her being so distant and empty was burning in my mind and I couldn’t get it out. Now it has made me more curious about her. She has already figured out my life so easily with me telling it to her.

       Yet, for her, she’s only unraveling little by little and only now the curiosity has bitten me in the ass already. I’ve always heard so many rumors about her by hearing the students in our school whispering about her. There was no doubt that anyone who knew her wanted to know what’s behind that mask of hers. She has no friends—as far as I’m concerned—yet she manage to be popular by being uninterested in anything. I usually would brush whatever their gossip about her off.

       “Justin!” Darielle called from the kitchen. Her head pops out from the kitchen pulling out a plate filled with a delicious looking omelet. “I’ve set out a feast rather than a meal for us. Let’s eat.” She grinned. I stood up and walked into the kitchen as I watched her set the dining table.

       Now, it’s my turn to unlock her mystery.

================

Sorry for the late update. I had been busy these past few days.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

I'm almost getting to the juicy bits. Hehehe . . .

Follow, Vote, Comment & Shout out.