Forty-One:- She Was So Mature

~Justin’s point of view~

My eyebrows furrowed in perplex. “Neglected duty?” I questioned. “What do you mean by you have a family?” I asked as she fiddled with the strands of thread that was unraveled from the pillow case. A weak smile played on her lips when I asked. “Well, yes. I do have a family.” She answered making the situation less understandable for me. I thought she was alone or even raised in a foster home.

       “Well, they’re actually my father’s family, I learned.” She started. “My father’s family is a wealthy bunch. They own almost half of the state’s grounds.” My eyes widened at her family’s status. “The people there respect them and look up to them. Even though they’re respected, my family is not always a happy crowd.” She told as her expression grew hard. I gulped, feeling anxious for her.

       “They’re very strict and firm. They take business and allies very seriously. If they do not get what they want, then they would do whatever it takes to have it.” She spoke as her tone grew lower. It was starting to give me the shivers. “So you have to go back because you have to do a job for them?” I asked. She looked at me and merely nodded. “You can say that.”

       “I’m going back because I think it’s time to confront them.” She told as she took my hand and intertwined with mine. My eyebrows furrowed in concern. “How long has it been since you were last with them?” She bit her lip and gave me an emotionless smile. “It’s been ten years since I last lived with them.” She answered making me gulp in anxiousness. “Ten years? That’s a long time.” I murmured as I fiddled with my fingers.

       She nodded a weak smile appeared on her pink lips. “I lived with them until I was eight. I’ve been going to many types of classes like, martial arts, music, and so on. They made me go to many classes because they want an elite family member. I didn’t object or protest against their requests. I just went on with the flow.” She told.

       “As the times pass, my grandfather became anxious as I was growing up to be a worry for them. They said I was too mature at a young age and beginning to understand what their business was about. So they decided to give me away.” My eyes widened when she said that. Give her away? What’s that supposed to mean? “They sent me all the way to another country which is here in Canada. They introduced me to a couple who lived in a pretty decent neighborhood and not many cars drive by the neighborhood.” She smiled, “It was peaceful.”

       “After I was seated on the couch in their home, those people who sent me there, left without a word; leaving me with the couple who in the end became my foster parents.” She hugged the pillow as I lifted up her legs and placed them on my lap. “They were nice and I was indebted to them.” I nodded as I listened some more while my hands caressed her smooth legs. “Then when I turned sixteen, I told my foster parents that I wanted to be independent and live on my own.”

       “Ever since I’ve lived with them, they’ve grown to treat me as their own. They couldn’t have a child so they cared for me like I was their flesh and blood. When I told them that I wanted to live on my own, they were reluctant at first but soon they realized that I was serious and confident; they accepted.” I’m only eighteen and I still live with my mom. How does Darielle do these things? She amazes me a lot.

       “So they insisted on giving me money to find a good place to stay. So I did, and lived in the apartment in town.” She finished. I blinked multiple times before speaking, “So now you have to go out from the country and do work for them?” She looked at me and nodded. “I don’t get it.” She furrowed her eyebrows. “They basically sent you away because they’re scared you might find out what they’re really working on but you still wanna go there because you neglected your duty?” I was so confused.

       She nodded. “Yes.” My facial expression turned blank as my lips turned into a straight line as I stared at her. “You really are confusing, Darielle.” I murmured as I dropped my head down in defeat. She chuckled as I felt her fingers gently hold my chin and lift my head up to look at her. “I hear that a lot.” She whispered as she kissed my cheek. Her lips lingered there for a few seconds before pulling away.

       A smile crept on my face after she kissed me but it soon turned into a straight line when I spoke, “Last question before we stop.” She looked into my eyes. “Do you have any siblings?” That question seemed to freeze her as her expression turned blank but a small curve was later pulled on the end of her lips. “Yes. I have an older sister.” My eyebrows were raised when she answered.

      I’ve never thought of her as a little sister. She was so mature. I decided to stop asking and just nod. “So what brings you here in my home?” I asked.

       She shrugged. “I just wanted to have a sleepover with you before I go.” She murmured as she played with my fingers. I awed at the sight. It was like watching a little girl telling her big brother to play with her and no one else. Just her. “Okay.” I whispered and kissed her lips as she kissed back with the same amount of passion as I had.

       We pulled away and cuddle as I turned the television on. I tuned into channel E! and just watched meaningless shows about celebrities who got caught in a club and so on. “When are you going?” My voice became hushed as it pains me to think of her leaving. “Next week.” She answered which sort of gave me a temporary relief since I will only have seven days with her. Then, she’s off. A sad sigh escaped through my mouth as Darielle snuggled into my chest.

       “How long?” I asked.

       She shifted in my arms. “Five days.” Well it’s a pretty decent number. I guess I could survive the absence of Darielle for a while. “Oh.” I licked my lips.

       “Anyways, we should stay by each other’s sides for the week before I go.” Just hearing the word go, really stings my chest. I nodded and agreed to her words. I would just go with whatever she says; as long as I get to be with her then I’m fine.

       Although, I don’t think fine is the correct word right now regarding on this heavy feeling in my chest.

============

I hope this chapter is decent.

My mind blank at the moment but I really wanna update since next week is gonna be school holiday soon here.

I'm so nervous. Just 3 more months for it to be 2015.

OH MY GOSHHH! So scary . . .

Follow, Vote, Comment & Shout Out.